Tatia

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Possibly. I have fed them live earthworms before and you could see the worm moving in its gut. If they are like some other members of the family they could possibly swell their stomachs to fit more food in, like the Ogre catfish does.

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Holes in a piece of wood is the way forward IMO. Mine never leaves his driftwood.
There is a thought, I've got a cork borer and a lot of corks (you never know when they are going to come in handy, I've often said "better have a bottle of wine, the cork store is looking a bit thin") so I/G could bore holes in the cork, doing away with the need for a 35mm film canister.

cheers Darrel

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Came across some intermedia today and I couldnt resist getting 6 :D. Whats more they are so cheap, 3 for 12.00:clap:

Not one of the best looking tatia but at least its a start.

I will get some pics if I ever see them again

Cheers

thegeeman

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Congrats Mr. Gee! Hope they do well for you!
Just picked up a 20 gallon was gonna use for breeding platys (feeders) but these guys look very cool...

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Best pictures I could get of my Tatia Perugiae cute little faces they spend all their time hiding squidged in the bogwood an ideal little catfish for pleco keepers simply as you will already be used to not seeing your fish most of the time lol

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I watched them feed on earthworm tonight:eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

They are total eating machines, 2 of them are rolling around on the tank floor as we speak:lol:. I am amazed then dont eat their own fry. It will be interesting to see if the guppies start to vanish

Cheers

thegeeman

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
I watched them feed on earthworm tonight:eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

They are total eating machines, 2 of them are rolling around on the tank floor as we speak:lol:. I am amazed then dont eat their own fry. It will be interesting to see if the guppies start to vanish

Cheers

thegeeman
Hi They will eat any thing

The reason the female keeps the eggs inside her for a bit is because the male would eat them...