Tatia

G

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ya got me there pal.

That's lush....I ain't seen one like that before....I've only seen chocolate brown or milky with black and brown speckles....

But that is very special....

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
I've got a Tatia perugiae and have been looking for others for months with no luck. I never see mine but think he's awsome. I bought mine as a puffer lol.

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
I like them, a truly strange fact for Centromochlus (Tatia) perugia is that they eat insects (moths?) from the water surface at night in their natural habitat, says so on PC as well so it must be right.
<http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=367>

I was also told won't eat during the day, and will just ignore blood worms right by them until it gets dark when they will stuff theselves.

cheers Darrel

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
The not eating during the day is not true, mine do it all the time when I feed bloodworms.

The fry are extremly difficult to raise though because they are strict surface eaters and very nocturnal. And the fact that they are so small, I have found that egg yolk powder is excellent for these fry!

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
I have 1 at the moment lol, I have had about 4 spawns none have survived. This is the best I have done so far, I'm thinking of having them in a tank to themselves. I would have the water level very low when the fry become free swimming to save them from exhausting themselves getting to the surface when they look for food

G

Hmmm I'm thinking it might be an idea to treat them like honey gourami's.....can the fry be moved?

it would mean doing water changes every day but it would only be a small amount of original tank water so not a problem.......get a cat litter tray from tesco's gee...lightest colour..(grey or blue) could still run a bio foam.....and at 3-4 inches deep..the young will find the food......as for being strictly (maybe) nocturnal might be worth buying a automated feeder...or you could make one...(its a stupid idea and dangerous) just buy one....but to be honest I think this could be a little money spinner providing you get the right fish.

G

By the way G this is the most interesting thread I have read on PP for a very long time.....I really wish you more than the best of luck.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
Hmmm I'm thinking it might be an idea to treat them like honey gourami's.....can the fry be moved?
is this something you have read or just thought up?

just do your research gee, speak to FF who actually has experience of breeding them, i'm sure you'll be fine with them

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
if they are the ones you want gee, just get them both and sex them later, can always search for more if you dont get a pair

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
if they are the ones you want gee, just get them both and sex them later, can always search for more if you dont get a pair
I cant until someone pays me:whistle:

Oh and the other problem is Bob is short sighted and colour blind. It will probably turn out to be a couple of sticks :D

Cheers

thegeeman

Last edited: