Tatia

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
The intermedia look like a nice fish aswell.

I look forward to Pier, Lets hope that Neil has some nice Apisto,s stashed away aswell.

This will be my first visit to Pier that I am not actually looking for plecs.

Cheers

thegeeman

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
I've been thinking about the problem of the fry needing to be under cover but near the tank surface, and I think 35mm film cannisters might be the answer.
I've used them as hiding places for small cichlids (when I've had too many in the tank and they can hide near the bottom), and I think people have used them for spawning Apistogrammoides pullacapensis.

You could make a raft with cork bark or lots of corks (one canister per cork?) (or polystyrene etc.) and just silicon the canisters on underneath. If you used bark you could plant the top as well with an Anubias or Scindapsus, Swiss Cheese Plant and the roots would then trail around the edge of the "float".

I should have some bigger Water Lettuce plants soon as well and they might do, again probably 1 canister per plant.

cheers Darrel

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I have the perfect little clay caves for them never considered they might use them :)
Send me a couple in the post Jo and I will trial them for you:yes:

I have been reading lots about them and I am amazed they are not more sought after. The ones I am after are 1.1" so will defo need a small cave.

Cheers

thegeeman

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Hiiiiiiii. I have some caves from Jo, i think its the ones she uses for L260's and my tatia spawn in those so you dont need them as small as you think. i also made one from slate that was the size of a matchbox.

Gee, invest in some egg yolk powder from TA aquaculture.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
I was looking for some the other day but couldnt find them. gonna have a look on the external hard drive in a min, must be on there.