Tatia

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
I do. I keep a trio of Centromochlus perugiae. Very easy to look after and spawn but raising the fry is hard as hell. Mine do well in water with a ph of 7 and at 26-28c.

They breed similar to guppys in that the male has a modified anal fin to fertilise the eggs internally, the female then lays the eggs in a cave and looks after them. Very cool cats

johnny70

Technical Support Team
What type are they?

I have a tank with Tatia perugiae, stunning little fish, not active in the day but at night and feding go mental. Have a 60ltr with 4 in, with some Micro Rasbora and A. baenschi. Did have more but I lost most to something unknown :( need some more I think, dead easy to sex just like livebearers.

Tank is at 27c and ph of 6.6

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I do. I keep a trio of Centromochlus perugiae. Very easy to look after and spawn but raising the fry is hard as hell. Mine do well in water with a ph of 7 and at 26-28c.

They breed similar to guppys in that the male has a modified anal fin to fertilise the eggs internally, the female then lays the eggs in a cave and looks after them. Very cool cats
Yeah I googled some of the ones Pier have <3<3

So 2ft tank for them on there own?

Cheers

thegeeman

G

Hi

are tatia known by a common name?? moon cats or milk cats or wood cats or summit..

G

Thanks FF2....that's put my mind at rest...

I wouldn't wanna try breed these myself....I'm not keen on them.

G

hm hm....errr a bit manly...NO WAY.

lets get this right...they are BOGGIN....they have huge mouths and you never see them....they aint a nice fish....

Now a manly fish is something like a black arrowana or a RCB arrowana.....or a big fat gulper catfish....yeah that's the daddy.. I only dont have fish like these due to tank space and fed up of hand feeding a RT cat.

Ok I just clicked....Yes guppies ain't manly...I know..lol...maybe I'm turning a bit...