L27 WHITE SPOTS

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
I might try kanaplex I think I would feel safer using that mixing copper sulphate. Do you think it's bacterial infection?

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I might try kanaplex I think I would feel safer using that mixing copper sulphate. Do you think it's bacterial infection?
I'd also go with kanaplex.

I'm not sure what it is.

If it's still eating try a oral med as well. Maybe some metro couldn't hurt to try I think it can be mixed with kanaplex.

Do a heavy water change before adding any meds. Keep the lights off as well.

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
I know I could figure it out its just I don't have a chemistry kit and I have no idea where to buy citric acid crystals or distilled water.

If I had it all I would try it.

I wish there was a vet for fish local.

I don't know else to do!

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
i have had my water high as advised by some one and i think it has made it worse. it is a little pinkish now. Do you think i should do a water change to cool the water down? or will it shock him to much?

Turns out that kanaplex is not availible in the uk!

Thanks Jackson

Last edited:

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I know I could figure it out its just I don't have a chemistry kit and I have no idea where to buy citric acid crystals or distilled water.

If I had it all I would try it.

I wish there was a vet for fish local.

I don't know else to do!
I think both can be bought at a grocers distiller water 100% citric power/crystals I'm 95% sure can be bought at one

Here's a link to show what it is
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00086IE4K"]Citric Acid Crystals:Amazon:Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31uoYUORuGL.@@AMEPARAM@@31uoYUORuGL[/ame]

Then you'd just have to do the division and all that to get your answer. Regardless its a lot of work and time is limited.

Use the kanaplex and try to find an oral med like metro to mix with it's food if it's eating.

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
i have had my water high as advised by some one and i think it has made it worse. it is a little pinkish now. Do you think i should do a water change to cool the water down? or will it shock him to much?

Im going to get some kanaplex tomorrow. I hope its easily availible in UK.

Thanks Jackson
Try and find kanamycin based meds it's the active ingredient in kanaplex.

I'd be doing water changes everyday. The fish won't get stressed if you dont crash about in the tank and do rough water change. Be gentle and it won't be bothered.
I would leave the temp alone. Increasing the temp could only cause whatever is in there to act faster.
Also keep the lights off.

I am wishing only the best!!!

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
I am doing a water change as we speak.

I already dropped the temp after i read the thread you sent me.

I will do my best to get some citric acid crystals. closest shop i found is 200miles away!

do you think i should try

http://www.eshalabs.com/esha2000.htm?

I am hoping as well i will be really upset if he goes!

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
After hours of reading it looks to me as i need a drug that treats gram-negative bacteria (the drug penatrates the skin). Which means i cant get a drug off the shelf in the uk.

I either order some from america (which could be to late)

Try make my own (risky but worth a try)

Or phone around aquariums in the uk to try get some.

So frustrating!

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
I've made it a practice to medicate with both gram+ and gram- medications at the same time. Too many times i've wasted time and effort treating with one medication only to have to follow up with another soon after to get positive results. I've had good luck with Mardel Marycn & Marcyn II which may not be available to you but worth considering doing something similar weh you treat.

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
Ok so i have come down this morning to find the gasping of breath has stopped and the skin doesnt look as bad (as a result from the temp drop i think).

So i should go for a gram positive drug like ESHA 2000 and my copper sulphate mix when i get it done and see how i get on with that?

i have also found
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/aquarium-fish-tank-supplies-waterlife-aquarium-products-c-449_1008/waterlife-myxazin-fin-rot-ulcer-treatment-p-6150

thanks lornek9 but Mardel Marycn is not availible in UK. i think i need to get my fingure out and get all these drugs to hand from the US! I have found a site that ship to UK

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
Esha 2000 ingredients

6.3 mg ethacridine lactate (Rivanol)
1 mg proflavin
3.2 mg copper 2+
0.26 mg methyl orange

Contains copper but not copper sulphate. It is gram positive

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
I have purchased some Ektol Cristal

Ingredients
100 g. enthalten: Natriumchlorid 91,4 g, p-Toluolsolfonchloramid-Na 4,8, Natriumcarbonat 3,0 g, Natriumtetraborat 0,3 g, Titriplex III 0,3 g, Kaliumchlorat 0,2 g

Do you think its worth a try?