I'm a Newbie here so hi C:

camelle

May 30, 2012
north carolina
just found this place today so hi! Im Camelle. I currently only have one little common pleco in my 75 gallon but I hope to get more soon. He has no name yet but he's so cute! I'm sure it won't take long to name him!

camelle

May 30, 2012
north carolina
He's a cutie. Looks a bit hungry though:)
I'm going to get him some algae wafers later today. I tried to feed him some potato last night. I read somewhere on here they liked them but he didn't touch it. But I'm pretty sure it killed my little cardinal tetras that I've had for a month. I bought it for my mom. She's definitely not gonna be happy about it.

Last edited:

beencees

Nov 5, 2011
Brisbane
They do eat all sorts. It's surprising what some people get them to eat. Most of my plecs mainly seem to go for zucchini and i have trouble convincing them that anything else might be nice as well. Personally i blanch it which also makes it easier to pop the seeds out so they don't make such a mess in the tank but alot of people just stick a spoon in it and drop it in raw. Cucumber, peas (yep, just normal people peas), pumpkin, lettuce and sweet potato are just some of the other veggies i know they are reported to eat.
Don't worry if he doesn't get too excited about it straight away, sometimes they take awhile before they realise it's food. Just be sure to remove any uneaten food in the morning. I'm sure he will love the algae wafers though.
They're great critters and he will soon get used to you being the source of food and be sitting waiting for you to come at his dinner time:)
You will have to post some pics for us as he grows:thumbup:

camelle

May 30, 2012
north carolina
I went to the petstore today to get him some food. U got to different kinds of algae wafers and a veggie clip. I also got a second pleco. He's at least definitely twice the size of him if not three times. He's like 3"-3.5" maybe 4". His name is Oskarr. (Like oscar). I'll try and post some pictures of him tomorrow. He's gorgeous!

beencees

Nov 5, 2011
Brisbane
I went to the petstore today to get him some food. U got to different kinds of algae wafers and a veggie clip. I also got a second pleco.
Uh oh! Looks like the pleco bug has well and truely hit, lol!:lol:
Looking forward to seeing the pics :yes:

camelle

May 30, 2012
north carolina
Oh don't worry I will! I'll have to try some of those later in the week. Oh and don't worry ill post plenty of pictures of him. You might get a couple of my black ghost knife too. I apologize in advance for them. I'm just so proud of him. He's noticably grown in just the 3 short weeks that I've had him. He's my baby and he's spoiled rotten. Haha i hand feed him at least twice sometimes 3 times a day. And I'm sure they are amazing critters. They certainly seem to be so far. I love them and their eyes are just so cute and precious!

beencees

Nov 5, 2011
Brisbane
I do love Ghost knives. Wish i had somewhere to put some but even with seven tanks i still don't have a spot for them :( (yet!)
If he's in the same tank as the plecs then i suspect you have found the culprit who made your Tetras vanish.