Breeding Hypancistrus Zebra

Jacqueline

Jan 19, 2011
Holland
Thank you :D

Here is a pic of my newest member of the breeding colony. It's a young male and I'm pairing him up with some lovely young F1 females. Hope he like's them <3

Isn't he handsome <3

Jacqueline

Jan 19, 2011
Holland
The zebra's are going like crazy :woohoo::woohoo::whistle:

Discovered my 4th spawn this morning. All the spawns have been huge, 10 at the minimum!! Amazing good daddy he is :clap::clap:

Here the last spawn, now about 3 weeks old <3 There are some L174 fry in there too :clap:

Jacqueline

Jan 19, 2011
Holland
Thanks, but I see beautiful fish that I want to keep for ever <3<3 But yes, I would have to sell some, can't keep them all :whistle:

Jacqueline

Jan 19, 2011
Holland
I was most pleasantly surprised when I looked at my zebra's this afternoon <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

My wild caught male had a new spawn and was fanning a huge batch of eggs :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I can't even try and explain how happy I am with this :clap::clap::clap:

My tread started with this very first zebra spawn of this wc male. After that he never had a new spawn. I even began to think he was getting to old as he must be near to 15 years old now :whistle: But hey, the old fellah can still pull it off <3<3<3 The spawn looks huge!!! I noticed one of the young females was absolutely flat so I'm guessing it's her batch he's guarding!

Hopefully he will take good care of this spawn. The last time (a year ago) he got to nervous while I was doing a little maint. He left the cave and abandoned the eggs..... I had to look after the eggs myself and managed to get 2 healthy fry from that spawn. One sadly died after a few months but the other is still alive and kicking :thumbup:

And so, now he's going to try again :clap: I'm nervous but happy :woohoo:

Having to look after 2 males with eggs now :)