Anything new and tasty

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Has anyone tried any new veggies etc lately?

If so, how did it go with the plecs?

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I must confess, although green beans are one of the most popular, i had not tried them out till recently and the plecs and baby L144 love em:yes:

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
well I tried pea pods, inside out, the BNs showed some interest.
I tried yellow courgette but it was not as popular as the green cougette or marrow
(good time of year at the mo cos the garden is cropping well and its all organic.)
I am trying to grow butternut squash, but they are not grrowing very well -keep forming then rotting off.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
There's a strain of Taro here that is bright purple, so in turn, you get great strings of purple poo everywhere!! Takes about 3 days to go soft too so can put a larger chunk in. It sinks well so no need for rocks or forks or what have you. Similar looking to a yam or sweet potato.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Got some Nutrafin Max Spirulina Flakes the other day and I am very impressed with the results. They contain Garlic aswell so I presume thats why the fish are out and about when I drop some in

Nutrafin Max Spirulina Flakes is a nutritious highly palatable formula featuring a 40% industry leading inclusion of spirulina as well as 5% garlic. Contains flakes that are naturally coloured by their ingredients, improves the overall condition of fish, contains multi-vitamins, natural colour enhancers, Advanced Yeast Extract (pre-biotics) for digestive system support and more for the ulitmate in ornamental fish nutrition.

http://www.hagen.com/uk/aquatic/product.cfm?CAT=1&SUBCAT=108&PROD_ID=01067440030101

Cheers

thegeeman

matt_a

Oct 12, 2009
QLD, Australia
I must admit I haven't tried a lot of things, but the ones I found that seemed to work quite well are:

Sweet potato
Green cucumber
Kent pumpkin
Carrot
Zuchinni
Bowen mango

But better than all the above were watermelon and paw paw. They wen't insane for both, although the watermelon clouded the water a bit so I only feed on the day before a waterchange.

Depending on what is cheap and in season, I also plan to try:

Rockmelon
Honeydew melon
Butternut pumpkin
Strawberries
Eggplant