L27 WHITE SPOTS

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have purchased some Ektol Cristal

Ingredients
100 g. enthalten: Natriumchlorid 91,4 g, p-Toluolsolfonchloramid-Na 4,8, Natriumcarbonat 3,0 g, Natriumtetraborat 0,3 g, Titriplex III 0,3 g, Kaliumchlorat 0,2 g

Do you think its worth a try?
I read about this just now and from what I get from it you use it like a first form of attack and follow with a few other products they have to offer.

What have you done or added so far?

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
I have now added estrol crystal. (stated dose)

Now i have mixed up some copper sulphate solution using this ratio
http://www.fishyfarmacy.com/Q&A/all_about_copper.html

I have added a little less than the stated dose as i only had a little copper sulphate and i didnt want to over dose on it.

I have just bought a copper test kit and waiting for the results. I know that the copper solution kills algae (which the algae absorbs firs then dies) but i dont know how long this will take.

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
Thanks for all your support.

He died about 1530. He went down hill so quick. I have lost two large panaques in one week. Im so gutted.

Cheers Mark

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks to everyone who helped. Just wish I could of acted sooner.
To be honest these things are so hard to fight that in most cases nothing will help.

I lost a few fish to a bacterial infection. It took less than 48hrs to wipe them out from the first sign of any odd behavior.

Even with the meds on hand and them being added the bacteria destroyed them.

I've only had this happen once with some new fish and a female geo who was weakened from spawning. Both different occasions and tanks.
The new fish I lost were lost in QT.

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
My commiserations to you again, Mark. I hope that the rest of your fish are ok, and that this hasn't scarred you from keeping these wonderful fish.

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
Thanks,

It hasn't put me off. I might have a tear in my eye when I'm looking at the big l27 on Sunday.