What plecs do you have?

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Interesting that a lot seem to have L066.
I have 8 of those which might breed for me next year as I have been growing them for a while now.
In the same tank I have several LG6 whiptails (enigmanni or similar) who are breeding fools and are starting to over populate tank with fry. It does look pretty cool tho in the half light when they all come out to the front like a mob of cattle to graze.

Near that tank I have a pair of L204 adults and a juvie one (male I think).
I haven't managed to trigger them to breed yet but the male has a very hairy bottom.

Below them is a trio of L046 who basically are just freeloaders and are spoiled rotten. If they actually bred I would be over the moon but I have no idea how old they are and I have had them for a year.

2male/1 female orangespot bns and a female L121 called dozer (cause she digs up my gravel) in the next tank. One male might have to be moved as I think they spend more time arguing over who's gonna get the girl than actually thinking about breeding.

Moving to the next fish room I have 5 L201 juvies. Gosh these guys grow slow and they are as fat as mud too.

Pair of common bns in the syno tank. Female is way bigger than the male and won't have anything to do with him.

3 tier 4fts and top tier has a pair of L104 which I haven't been able to breed yet. There are 8 royal whiptails also and several juvi fry. They just spawned 84 fry in one go and I am feeding them on agar and spirulina mix.

Below those are 5 adult L002. They currently have about 50 fry of varying ages which I keep in a large fry saver. They are my first ever real pleco fry bred.

Bottom tank is mixed short fin and longfin albino bristlenose juvies. I really have to sort those out one day as some are getting up to 5cm.

Onto the major fish room which used to be a storage room till I had a clean out. The nicest display is my 2 tier 6fts with 4 L075 leopard plecos and a young L203. The leopards aren't quite old enough to get into breeding but maybe one day they will.

The bottom tank atm is 6 L202 and a lone huge Contradens. I am planning to swap the syno's into the 6ft and the L202 into the 4ft syno tank one of these days. The L202 should be breeding but they spend too much time arguing so I may have to split them up a bit.

Two 3 tier 4ft stands with a couple of 2fts on the top and middle levels. I have two 4fts on order to replace these four smaller tanks. One has two juvi L260 and another has an adult male L260 and a young Juvi.

The other 2 tanks are mixed longfin and shortfin albino and common bristlenose fry. Sooner or later I have got to sell something and stop hoarding all the fry.

Bottom tank is 6 L397 adults who have just started to breed. I have around 20 fry in a frysaver. These fry are very prone to bloating but if I can keep them going for 3 weeks they should be ok.

The other 3 tier has 2 2fts on the top. One is my cherry shrimp tank and the other has longarm native fw prawns who love me dropping snails in to eat.

Below that is 4 male peppermint bristlenoses of which I will sell off 3 and keep one.

Bottom 4ft is 6 younger L202's. Just raising them up to see if there are any cool females in the batch.

Across the room is a 2 tier of 4fts. Top is a pair of longfin common bristlenoses which are slowly overpopulating their tank with fry. The pair throw 4 types of fry. Shortfin and longfin common fry as well as shortfin and longfin in the albino form.

Bottom tank is 7 juvi L333. They are cute little guys and seem no trouble at all to keep. I have about 30 Boesmani rainbow fry I am raising in the tank as well.

Next door to those is a fully planted 4 foot tank. Trying my hand at some new plants in there. The tank has a colony of 6 L134 leopard frogs who are almost mature enough to breed. Hoping I have 2 males and 4 females.

Beside that tank is another 2 tier 4ft setup with 10 juvi common bristlenoses (just a newly cycled tank), and below that is a trio of peppermint bristlenoses who may breed in the next couple of months as they are almost mature.

If anyone has a female L260 as a girl friend for my male L260 let me know. :)

Noddy

Apr 25, 2009
Ede Holland
In the 90Gl community tank:
1 Ancistrus
1 L200 Yellow Phantom
1 Sturisoma
1 L354 Xingu new polkadot

In the 180Gl:
1 Hypostomus
1 L65 Pseudacanthicus

michael333

Nov 3, 2009
Sheffield
Right here we go the pleco's that I have

3x L333 breeding x fry
3x l066 young at 2-3-inch
1x L014
1X L264
2x L142
4x bn's breeding x fry
Love keeping pleco's

Andrew_x

Oct 11, 2009
Kansas City, MO
currently have 4:

2 clown plecs, panaque maccus
1 L081 gold nugget
1 L201

stood in front of a tank at the lfs today for about 20 minutes trying to justify paying $90 for an L047, but it's a gorgeous fish and has been in the tank for a month or so with a full belly, so tomorrow i'll probably get it. and still waiting for the lfs to order me an L200. after i get those two, i'll probably be in the market for a couple L260s. this is a terrible addiction.

Akraziatic

Jun 30, 2009
Canberra, Aus
I am currently the keeper of...

3xL168
2x monstrous common plecs
2x common bn
1x albino bn

did have some L066 until petbarn unleashed their ich onto me.

Paul

Oct 3, 2009
Hampshire, England.
After some jumbling around and helping friends out temporarily, I now have:

2x L015
1x L014
5x L046
1x L047
1x L081
5x L260
1x L270
1x L289
1x Bristlenose
4x Bronze Cory

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
1 x group L134 five fish poss all females
1 x group L262 five Fish not spawned yet
1 x group L002 5 females 1 male 1000 fry
1 x group L046 poss one male 2 females fingers crossed
1 x group L030 poss 3 females and one male fingers crossed
1 x group L066 10 fish all juvies
1 x group L411 12 fish all juvies
1 x pair Hypan G no spawns yet
1 x group L333 un-sexed
I show tank 40 neons and a few cats un known sp

DJ-don

Dec 14, 2009
Canberra Australia
where i come from australia plecs are hard to come by :(
i have:
8x Bristlenose
1x peppermint bristlnose (unknown scientific name l number too :S)
coming soon 2x L002 which will cost me $50 each!! i would buy 6 all up but dont have the money

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
where i come from australia plecs are hard to come by :(
i have:
8x Bristlenose
1x peppermint bristlnose (unknown scientific name l number too :S)
coming soon 2x L002 which will cost me $50 each!! i would buy 6 all up but dont have the money
What a pity I cant give u a few 100 of mine