Triline piccys please

timkel

May 30, 2009
Northants
As title says,i would really like to see other peoples trilines and if you know whether theyre male or female.Thanks in advance.

Tim

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
This is one of my Trilineatus, it's a long time since the pic was taken but I think this may be a male as it's not too chunky and my females are quite round.

Cheers
Gemma

timkel

May 30, 2009
Northants
Managed to get some piccys of mine,can anyone sex them please?

Not sure wether some of these are the same fish lol. The 1 in the background in pic1 and to the left in pic 6,i have allways thought was a male.As he is shorter than all the others,and his markings have allways been a lot brighter than all the others.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Your female is quite obvious in 1, 2, 3, mid 5, 6, 7 and left of 8,you may be right about the small one being a male but if it is watch his behaviour with the fat female and see if he "dances" in front of her trying to T, you are best trying to view from above when the females profiles are fuller and wider than the males.

Cheers
Gemma

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
lol the male looks like he should still be at 'shoal' not chasing girls

Sorry bad joke

timkel

May 30, 2009
Northants
Lol Doodles,Thanks Gemma.There is 5 of them in there,The 1 i think is male,the little 1 in the last picture(i bought that 1 a good 6 months later)and 3 others that all look pretty much the same,i think 1 might be fatter than the others but apart from that theres no difference.One thing i have noticed is that the 1 i think is male has spots on his ventral fins and 1 i had that died that was deffinatly male also had them,but none of the others have.Not sure wether this just coincidence lol.