This is why "WE" should all invest in Battery backup!!!

ani-mal-lvr

May 20, 2009
Wisconsin U.S.A.
that azoo pump looks great -never seen anything like it in shpos here. cant find on-line either.
anyone in UK know where to get them?
Well that bites Irene, there must be something similar available over there.
You have different house voltage over there if I remember correctly? Otherwise we could send em over.

You wouldnt beleive after reading this yesterday i had a power cut last night due to an accident around the corner.
I have 8 tanks set up and only 2 battery pumps :wb:
all my plecs where out doing pretty well but not happy.
so from 1am untill 6am i was monitoring my tanks like crazy.
Well I am glad all worked out ok for you. So did you catch up on sleep yet?

Firstly i would like to say how deeply sorry i am for your losses animal, i have grown very attached to my clowns and this post is a wake up call for me to. :(

I am in the same boat as you Irene, me and hubby are trying to find something so i will be grateful if you find something before me, let me know, and i will do the same for you B-)
Thank you very much Bubbles. I hope you kin find sumthin that works.

I use bait battery operated pumps you can get them from the fishing takle section in most large supermarkets, they cost me $10 for a 2pk (cheap) they last around 24hrs on a full battery.
Well are the ones you are using automatically switched over to battery when the power is cut? That is what I am looking to do here. (but again I have bin putting it off) :wb:

First of all. Sorry for yor loss Ani. Looks like you lost a lot of stunning fish there. :(:(:(

@Irene. Don't know if these are any good to you with them coming from Hong Kong, but I've bought stuff from the far east before from Ebay and had no problems as far as the stuff arriving at my door.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AC-DC-Battery-Automatic-Backup-Aquarium-Air-Pump-AR25_W0QQitemZ130311982550QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item1e57330dd6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1686%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Thank you so much, yes I lost all of my Roselines, all of my Orangeheads. So I am consequently kicking myself still.

I do know that this is all my fault! The tank was severely overstocked. (still remodeling) I did not lose the whole tank though. Thankfully! Survivors include several Green and Gold Severums, 3 hoplo cats, 3 Trinidad plecs, 1 clown loach (the smallest of the group), 1 Jaguar cat, 1 L114 and a few others.

thank you all again for all the kind thoughts, David

young1nj

May 28, 2009
Michigan
Does anybody use the azoo baterry backup air pump? If so how quiet are they when they run on in the regular non battery operated mode.

Are they quieter than whispers that are seen at retail?

ani-mal-lvr

May 20, 2009
Wisconsin U.S.A.
Does anybody use the azoo baterry backup air pump? If so how quiet are they when they run on in the regular non battery operated mode.

Are they quieter than whispers that are seen at retail?
I have heard great reports on them. I will let you know when my two show up.
damn!, was it all of your geo's and denisons lost mate?
gutted for you
Yes I lost all of my Orange/Redheads, all of my Bahia reds, and all of my Roselines.....among a few others.

Tough lesson learned, backups are ordered. (no more procrastination)

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
the ebay one looks interesting but gives insufficient info on the electrics, like will it work on UK mains and how long a powercut it would cover for etc.
HAs anyone in UK used one?
the azoo looks brill !