Thermometer?

Doodle

May 4, 2009
Bracknell
Right

Got some batteries for my digi therm/calender thing- didnt work so i was wondering what if any fancy gadgets you guys use? i fancy buying something new!:yes:

Or do you just use a standard thermometer?

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I use the battery powered digital ones that have the time etc on them too, but tbh never use anything other than the thermometer lol.

If you want to invest some money, get a good TDS meter, they aren't that expensive.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I use ordinary glass or plastic thermometer.
i dont like the things that stick on the galss as they stop working after a few years but cant get off the glass!
yes tds monitor is good or ph monitor - prices vary enormously so shop around. ebay is good.

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
i dont like the things that stick on the galss as they stop working after a few years but cant get off the glass!
Thanx for the heads up Irene.I had a very old metal one,but the paint came off so i couldn't read it anymore.I bought a new 1 that's outside of the tank,but now that i know this,it looks like a quick run to the store this weekend.

;)

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Being the geek I am I'm currently trying to pull a few strings with a company I sell for - to try and get hold of a "few" wireless temperature monitoring probes and the base station and software to monitor them.... 10 tanks should do me - so I'm only looking to try and scrounge approx £4000 of kit then :) :)

In the mean time standard glass ones for me - the accuracy of the cheap digital ones is awful!

ani-mal-lvr

May 20, 2009
Wisconsin U.S.A.
Being the geek I am I'm currently trying to pull a few strings with a company I sell for - to try and get hold of a "few" wireless temperature monitoring probes and the base station and software to monitor them.... 10 tanks should do me - so I'm only looking to try and scrounge approx £4000 of kit then :) :)

In the mean time standard glass ones for me - the accuracy of the cheap digital ones is awful!
Good luck with your venture. But I am with you on the digital ones. I scrapped all of the ones I had, which was a lot.