The house of gee is almost complete

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Gee
I didn't realise you were having more condensation problems than you had in your last fish room, it is really annoying thing.

I know you have a family, so if you can afford it, i would get one of the Ebac's, the one i have has been a god send, and my tanks and storage tanks have lids on them.
I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
When i say we i mean work. None of my peenies have ever been spent on live bearing freaks but yes i do have a man bag that i carry my dog and lipstick in.

When you picking your guppies up Gee?

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
yeah I know....this is why im hoping to have millions of the blighters....Im just trying to sort out my tanks at the minute....should have another 35 fibreglass vats on the way for the end of the month. its going to be a fairly large scale project.... not as big as what singapore farms have but something similar on a smaller site. I think some fish shops (especially the smaller one's) will pay an extra couple of pence....saves hassle and carriage costs...and if they are brilliant fish...people will pay and return with business.

If I walked into my LFS and handed them a bag of 2 guppies and asked how much I would get they would laugh at me.....if I then told them I could supply 10,000 in 20 different colours...I think they will listen and offer me a truly crap price... until I gave them the run down. then Im talking money that can sustain and make a profit.
say you sold 100 guppies to a shop for 25p each thats £25. how much would it cost to run your fish house, feed them plus your own time? like gee said its alot of time for next to nothing.

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Guppy's? Guppy s?

Are we entering the last days of civilised man?

Is the fabric of the universe tearing at its very seams Guppy,s? I ask you Guppy's?

BombHead666

Apr 21, 2009
Bedale - North Yorkshire
Also I think your mortality/survival rate is wayyyyy too low. More like 50%. No sooner than they pop them out, the males eat them.
And anyway, this Master Gees thread on HIS Fish Room.
Start your own thread on Guppies and see how long it lasts.

smart

Nov 8, 2009
hertfordshire
the only problem i can see with it is it wont condense the moisture only has a sensor for the humidity. as long as you connect some ducting so it extracts outside the building. other wise you may suffer from damp in the roof space

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Gee
Looking at the unit, the extractor has a humidity sensor which will keep it running until the humidity reaches below a set level.
To me you are just as well buying an extractor fan, fit a plug to it, and let it run constantly, a bit cheaper and will do the same job.
I tried running an extractor fan constantly on my hut and it made no difference.
It dosn't have a dehumidifer bit in it, which i think you need, whether it is a large model or a small model, and one with a constant drain makes a big difference.

And as said previously, it is better to extract humid air to the outside, rather than a roof space.