tankmates

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
thanks guys and yes these are in a 6 foot with the pseudas, perfect looking tank mates if you ask me, both have their own elegance

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
well im a bit overstocked and the geophagus areos altifrons have bred again! (mums in the !st pic about8-9") so let me know what you after and i might be able to help you out.

current stock,
2 altifrons areos plus a squillion fry!
2 altifrons
5 a. hekli(sp?)
3 satanoperca lucosticta
1 satanoperca daemon
1 geo pindare
1 tapajos
1 mystery geo
(these are split over 2 tabks dont panic!)

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
very nice mate, geo's do seem to compliment pseuda's well, perfect tank mates imo.
no idea on the mystery one though, sorry

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
thanks bri, that fish is causing arguments on a cichlid forum, but no closer to an id.
and thanks hypan addict, feel free in a couple of months to come bag your self some baby geos foc to pp members (spreading the love!)

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
Beautiful pics Ryan, I've always been a big fan Geo's. I've had a few sub adult specimen but have never had a big enough tank to do them justice.

Kev, good to see upping the species count, they will look and behave fantastically in your huge tank mate.

kevaldo

Jul 24, 2011
England
Funny u should say that Alan, since I've put the others in it's given the tapajos 2's more confidence to venture out. Got my thinking cap on now to see what mid/top level fish to put in now as u seen thunder stays pretty low.

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
* Thunder is a Lince Cat by the way - woof!

Upper level fish for me would be Festivums, Heros, Angels, or could go for characins, Myleus, Metynis, Triportheus and for good measure a shoal of small tetras for that really natural look. They will be to small for Thunder to hunt, you might lose a few to the Geo's but it would look the dogs dangleys......

IanB

Jul 21, 2011
Mid_Suffolk, UK
www.oldschoolmtb.co.uk
It's a bit of a shame the high price that Pseuda's command at the moment, makes them out of reach to many .. but I have my 114 and he's great (all my fish are male by default unless identified as female).. really looking forward to adding some Geo's.. and hopefully a 190 (or 027 - dream on..lol) too, just a littlun to grow on though.

kevaldo

Jul 24, 2011
England
Yeah I was thinking about adding 8-10 large Angel's of some sort, only problem with something small like tetras is the gaps in the wier are 10-12mm wide, they'd be gone in no time.

Think I'll keep an eye out for a couple of big normal cheap Angel's an see how thunder gets on with them, if all goes well then I'll get a group of something nice.

Yeah Ryan can't wait to get a adult pair of L25 :)

Kev

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
Yuck cheap normal Angels. Not to bad as Lince food.
I've got 16 wild rio nanay scalares in my tank and i have grown very fond of them, there just starting to show some stunning colours.

Wildwoods had 5 very unusual Metynis/Myleus - I have no idea what they are where they are from but the are very nice and have me tempted. If you fancy them Im up at Rare next Thursday evening.

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
Yes Matt, would be nice to see you again. I'll be there hopefully about 5ish aparantly Jo stays open until 8 on Thursday. Got meetings in Telford on Friday.