tank reseal help please ?

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Relax it was Bank Holiday weekend, i'm sure Marcy and Chris had better things to be doing with the family, i'd certainly have left the silicone for a number of days to cure 100% its a big risk especially with a big tank, their being very sensible and taking their time with this build and i applaud them, i'm as eager as the next person to see those Plecs swanning around their new home, but all in good time :thumbup:
Terry - I was just wonderig as I took time to help on sunday and knew that they were going to be working on it after i left and over the weekend...

I've called and its still a work in progress ;)

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Relax it was Bank Holiday weekend, i'm sure Marcy and Chris had better things to be doing with the family, i'd certainly have left the silicone for a number of days to cure 100% its a big risk especially with a big tank, their being very sensible and taking their time with this build and i applaud them, i'm as eager as the next person to see those Plecs swanning around their new home, but all in good time :thumbup:

:hi: sweety
Oh bless your heart :)

Smith RC came and resealed one side of the tank for us and Chris did the other side on Sunday and because it isnt a plain shaped tank ( i had to be differant :woohoo:) it took them some time. Next weekend Chris's best mate and him are doing some more work on the tank and hopefully it will be up and running a few days later :thumbup:

Actually we are saddos and rarely do anything on a bank holiday usually watch tv and chill :yes::lol::hug:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
I was just wondering as I took time to help on sunday and knew that they were going to be working on it after i left and over the weekend...
Hey Smith, my apologies if my post came over as rude it was not intended that way, i've been following the progress and i was aware of your participation and am grateful for your kindness to Marcy and Chris :clap:

gooner

May 13, 2009
milton keynes
A quick update on the tank.I think i have finally cracked it (not literally) its holding water now after two attempts at resealing it ( my end not smithrc's that end held fine thank you once again mate ! ) the cabinet is pretty much done just needs a lick of paint and holes cutting in the hood which had to be rebuilt. will get bubbles to put pics on here when its up and running should be the weekend or early next week. Thats if i get on with it and stop playing the games on here some of them are really addictive !!

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Good news :)

odd you should mention the games - My Better half is trying to get the laptop off me to start a thread asking for the games to be banned as she is having a hard time getting any conversation out of me - or even acknowledgement that something was said!

We'll be moving tank number 2 to my parents at the weekend...

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Tank reseal pictures.

Before.

After.

With many kind thanks to SmithRC we are so very grateful :clap: This is to show you what the tank looks like now, though the cabinet needs a lick of paint, but hubby and best mate will get that done :woohoo:

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
:hi:
Hey Chuck
Tanks looking real good now, gravel looks excellent.
Can i ask which Air Pump you have? i've got a 3ft Air Curtain like yours but my pump is too weak would like to get it working ready for the big change in a few weeks :D

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
:hi:
Hey Chuck
Tanks looking real good now, gravel looks excellent.
Can i ask which Air Pump you have? i've got a 3ft Air Curtain like yours but my pump is too weak would like to get it working ready for the big change in a few weeks :D

:hi: Dude

Thank so much :D

The air pump is a Tetratec APS 400 twin outlet.

HTH :D