spawning????

scottie73

Apr 21, 2009
hampshire england
hey all
i have been trying to get 2 groups of cory to spawn 4 a while now...with no success!i have a group of 8 panda and a group of 7 melanotaenia,all well fed,eating a mixture of catfish pellets/bloodworm(frozen and pellet)/frozen daphnia/earthworm pellet and microworm.i have been trying the cool water change every other day for some time nothing happening!!any ideas on what im doing wrong or other advice on what else i need to do???

thanks
:wb: scottie :wb:

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
I'm sure it will happen soon, I'd give them a break from the cool waterchanges for a couple of weeks, just do regular maintainance and try again . I don't tend to trigger any of my corys into spawning as most are in community tanks. My pandas spawn on the underside of anubias leaves but I don't have any experience with melanotaenia.

Cheers
Gemma.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
my Pandas spawn the day after a big w/c but I dont see the eggs, I just see them display and chase each other about, I have rarely seen the female with egg in fins either. I think they drop the egg and lay it well out of site. I then see young a couple of weeks later, usually only a few as I guess most of the eggs are eaten, but I proved dense cover like java moss and thats where the young that surviv end up sheltering.
I add micro worms most days , like a dust cloud, so the young get some food wherever they are.
my Trilins, mate in full view and lay one or two eggs at a time, sometimes on theglass or stones where I can see them, sometimes in deep cover. If i see the eggs sometimes I will put them in a fry saver to save them from being eaten.