Small plecs

Joshua Grundy

Feb 17, 2013
Leeds
The aquarium is... Width (front of aquarium) =24inch Height =15inches (front of aquarium, top of tank to bottom of tank) and from the side of the tank it measures 12inches across and from top to bottom of side of tank it measures 15inches, thanks and if possible in litres..... Thanks chris

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Never ever, never never never turn your filter off. Your filter is the one unit full of good bacteria that makes your aquarium and fish stay alive. You are better off turning off your airstone . Again never ever turn off your filter. This can cause a mini crash and can potentially be deadly for your fish. Cheers jk :thumbup:

Joshua Grundy

Feb 17, 2013
Leeds
I change 80% of the water in one go every 10days, and my filter and air stone on continuously because hong kong plecs needs cleans flowing water with plenty of oxygen... Should I not change 80% of the water in one go and if not then why? Thanks for help.:)

Joshua Grundy

Feb 17, 2013
Leeds
Thanks Chris, is that a decent size?..... I'd really like a bigger aquarium but my partner wouldn't allow it ha ha ha, can't think of how to persuade but a bigger aquarium would be lovely, I have seen a bigger one in my local pet store and it's amazing, comes with a wooden cabinet and everything but not much room to fit it in our living room so ill have to do a bit of hinting and find some way of persuading ha ha ha, thanks again Chris :)

Joshua Grundy

Feb 17, 2013
Leeds
Decided to get 2 more Hong kong plecs/Hill-stream loachs to add to my aquarium as the two I already have are thriving really well and they are very fascinating creatures!