Rio 400 Lighting

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
Hi,
I'm currently having an overhaul of my main tank and wanted to change the lighting, at the moment it has 1 T8 tube and an unmarked yellowy tube. This is making the tank look too bright and has a horrible yellow tint that is making the fish appear dark and dull.

I was thinking of trying to isolate the back tube and and just have the one brighter tube at the front but i think the Rios light fittings might make this difficult. So any ideas or lighting combination are welcome.

Gary

P.s what lighting does Fella use? I like how his lighting brings out the colours of the Geos especially, is it marine?

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Depending on how much you want to spend i would go for a new T5 juwel light unit with colour bulbs. I have not seen the colour bulbs in shops only the day and nature. Be warned that if you do go for the juwel unit you will only be able to juwel bulbs in the future as they have made them a specific size so you cant use other manufacturers tubes!

timkel

May 30, 2009
Northants
Hi i currently have a blue in the back on my vision 260,we had the same problem as you with the nature in the back.The blue has really cleared the look up.