please help

jack wolf

Jan 13, 2013
uae
hi :hi:
im a new user in this nice forum :woohoo: and i need you help :dk:

i would like to know what kind of pleco is this ... as you can see i have two of them and i need to know how to take care of it .... thanks alot <3 :clap: :D

Attachments

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Those aren't plecos

These go by the common name golden algae eaters here in Canada
I have never read about them so I can't tell you what they're in terms of species.
I do know they're very easy to care for.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
yup agree with Jackson. Be wary they sometimes get nippy and chase fish around ( that has been my experience but only when they get bigger ) cheers jk :thumbup:

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
yup agree with Jackson. Be wary they sometimes get nippy and chase fish around ( that has been my experience but only when they get bigger ) cheers jk :thumbup:
Yes this I've read many times but it slipped my mind.
Most people I see selling them are giving them away for free due to aggression.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
Hi Jack, yes, agree with above posts. If you want to purchase plecs, you can scroll the the ''plec profile link'' site on this forum . There are many plecs to choose from, but also depends what is available in your area. A good idea would be to look at the pics and read about the ones that interest you. Then you need to be sure the ones you like will fit in your tank in adult size,and some get very big. You would also want to know what water parameters they perfer and make sure it matches what your water is. Sorry, just trying to help you pick the best fit for you and your tank. Also, plecs need wood, best place to get safe wood is Aquarium store. Reading up on them and choosing what is best for your tank size ,adding caves as they need to feel safe, will make you and them happy.

Have you cycled your tank ? If not, it is very important your learn about the nitrogen cycle before adding fish . If you need any help with cycling or choosing plecs for your tank,or any other questions, please let us know and we will be happy to offer advice and guidance. Good luck !

jack wolf

Jan 13, 2013
uae
thanks alot for help at least i know its not pleco , and yes they are chasing the other fishs (i heard that they just try to eat the dead skin) , some time i feed them a piece of cucmber ( they love it) until now there is no problem with them thanks again i appreciate your help guys :)

jack wolf

Jan 13, 2013
uae
slime coat which can bring on disease ??? will ... that's mean its not harmful :yes:... this is great :clap: :D by the way is it ok to bring a pleco and keep it with them or not??? when i went to buy one .. they wanted to give me a big pleco .. but i just wanted a small one and watch is growing but he gave me some thing else :wb: :dk:

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
slime coat which can bring on disease ??? will ... that's mean its not harmful :yes:... this is great :clap: :D by the way is it ok to bring a pleco and keep it with them or not??? when i went to buy one .. they wanted to give me a big pleco .. but i just wanted a small one and watch is growing but he gave me some thing else :wb: :dk:
If the algae eater sucks off the slime coat of another fish that fish who slime coat was sucked off will or can be susceptible to disease