Newb from lancashire england

DizzyMoo

Nov 2, 2010
E.Lancs
Hello all !!

I've been keeping tropical fish for several years but i'm still very much a beginner, Well i have 4 tanks, 1 x 4ft with jewel cichlids & an unknown plec. 1 x 4ft with community fish & 2 bristlenose (gold male & standard female) , 1 x 3ft empty unsure what to do with it yet, & i also have a roughly 1ft squared tank i use for quarantine or fry.

Ive just bought the 3ft & this plec came with it & i'm not sure what it is not clued up on plecs really so i searched for somewhere to help & to also give a little info on the bristlenose plecs i have.

Many plecs i'd love to own but i'm unsure of correct names as my lfs haven't a clue if i'm honest.
Right i'll go find relevant section & post plec pic as i would love to know what type.

Thanks ! x

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
G'day Dizzymoo!! :welcome: to PlecoPlanet

Post you pic in the pleco ID section for an ID on him/her :yes: and ask away any questions that you may have with either the plec or your bristlenose.

DizzyMoo

Nov 2, 2010
E.Lancs
:hi:
Yes i have now posted pics but struggling to get a clear picture of the unknown plec, Although an id of gold spotted does look very much like it .

I'll be asking about my bristlenose too thankyou :)

ossypete

Oct 4, 2010
uk
hello dizzy and welcome to PP . where in lancs you from ??? I know the fish shops round here too and how helpfull some are !!!

Pete

DizzyMoo

Nov 2, 2010
E.Lancs
Thanks everyone :)

ossypete , im actually in padiham near burnley if that helps :D

Does it depend which end of bolton then Rob H? As ive always seen it down as gtr.manc but the part near darwen as lancashire. What happened to bas? Did it shut down? I was told ages ago it had, tut.

Thanks again everyone, very welcoming :D

Last edited:

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk

Does it depend which end of bolton then Rob H? As ive always seen it down as gtr.manc but the part near darwen as lancashire. What happened to bas? Did it shut down? I was told ages ago it had, tut.

Ssshhhh we done like to be in the G.Manchester Area :) i used to live in egerton at the top end of bolton but i have moved away slightly now, BAS is still going it got taken over its never been a great place but its getting better, Pier Aquatics is better for our area thats over in Wigan have you been there before?

Last edited:

DizzyMoo

Nov 2, 2010
E.Lancs
Ssshhhh we done like to be in the G.Manchester Area :) i used to live in egerton at the top end of bolton but i have moved away slightly now, BAS is still going it got taken over its never been a great place but its getting better, Pier Aquatics is better for our area thats over in Wigan have you been there before?

Haha ;) Compared to the crud lfs we have believe me bas is much better :) I don't drive so i'm really stuck for shops to go especially with a baby in pram & a very nosey (about to go) 5 yr old & i don't have anyone to take me either.

We do have a pets at home here but they are just as userless as the lfs too. As i didnt know the exact gallons/litres of my 4ft tank they refused to sell me 2 platys! Yes 2 just 2 *sigh*

ossypete

Oct 4, 2010
uk

i am an accy lad :) poor you living in padiham , ha ha ha. we all have a cross to bear !!! :) what you class as your local then ???