New to pleco planet

Aug 17, 2023
U☆S☆A
h

hi and welcome to this mad house forum what types of fish do u keep breed cheers john
I am currently raising leopard plecos to breed and i keep flowerhorn, discus, plecos, bettas, snails, tx cichlid hybrid bonsi flowerhorn mixes, blood parrot fish, angel fish, a few fancy goldfish, yoyoloaches, royal plecos , l600 plecos possible l114 or 1427 plecos the seller marked as 600 but they look a bit different i feel i may have been bait switched or switched bait lool. I have snow ball pleco. And butterfly plecos probably around 20 + fish 8 tanks and 200-300gallon pond

Reactions: johnbetta397

johnbetta397

Feb 26, 2023
ohh cool i have flowerhorns to i have a male that is a golden pearl fader flower horn big kok and famle same type and a pair of fat boy bloodline flower horns male has a very large kok and soon getting a breeding pair of kamafa flowerhorns i all so have peacock cichlids and red forest jewels and albino long fin bristle nose and sailfin plecos i have 27 tanks all large tanks your fish all sound cool

Aug 17, 2023
U☆S☆A
ohh cool i have flowerhorns to i have a male that is a golden pearl fader flower horn big kok and famle same type and a pair of fat boy bloodline flower horns male has a very large kok and soon getting a breeding pair of kamafa flowerhorns i all so have peacock cichlids and red forest jewels and albino long fin bristle nose and sailfin plecos i have 27 tanks all large tanks your fish all sound cool
That sounds amazing !!!!!!!!!

Aug 17, 2023
U☆S☆A
good morning how are you today
Pretty good tons of chores in the fish room lost a new pleco i got this week the seller shipped a few in bad shape :( i def tried to help em but he was beyond my help rip lil one. I hate that part of the hobby i do my best i have had alot of success with healing angel fish from bad shippers well breeders. That neglect water changing end up giving their fish fin rott . I took poly guard, aq salt in small doses , and daily water changes 20 to 30 % raise temps to 84-85 and fed bananas 2 x a week with their normal diet and healed them in 2 weeks new fin tissue grew.
I do that for most my fish if they come in bad shape usually helps alot . But this lil pleco just was too far gone from the seller. Said they were tank raised but the belly was so shrunken sunk in i was already thinking it would probably not make it and was right. :(
They gotta have tons of food and i notice breeders slack on that from the buying experiencr i have had recently .
Sorry for the long rant
Hope you have a good weekend ahead

johnbetta397

Feb 26, 2023
Pretty good tons of chores in the fish room lost a new pleco i got this week the seller shipped a few in bad shape :( i def tried to help em but he was beyond my help rip lil one. I hate that part of the hobby i do my best i have had alot of success with healing angel fish from bad shippers well breeders. That neglect water changing end up giving their fish fin rott . I took poly guard, aq salt in small doses , and daily water changes 20 to 30 % raise temps to 84-85 and fed bananas 2 x a week with their normal diet and healed them in 2 weeks new fin tissue grew.
I do that for most my fish if they come in bad shape usually helps alot . But this lil pleco just was too far gone from the seller. Said they were tank raised but the belly was so shrunken sunk in i was already thinking it would probably not make it and was right. :(
They gotta have tons of food and i notice breeders slack on that from the buying experiencr i have had recently .
Sorry for the long rant
Hope you have a good weekend ahead
sorry u lost your new pleco that part of our hobby sucks big time as for me doing lots of cleaning in fish shed picking up new fish tomorrow pair of flowerhorns and some dragon blood peacocks normale ones and albino as for my health atm getting very bad migraines been getting them every day for 3 months str8 every day