New to breeding new to PlecoPlanet

Da_justin

Dec 1, 2023
Hello,

use vegetarian chips with algae (spirulina).

Greetings
Elko
let me check later which one i have and i will report back here:D

was at the fishstore today to pick up some things again currently filling the other 2 bigger tanks for the snowballs and blue phantom first need the tanks to cycle for atleast a week with starting bactiria.

Reactions: johnbetta397

johnbetta397

Feb 26, 2023
i would cycle the tank for at least 3 to 4 weeks before adding fish u could add some gravel from a tank that has been set up for ages that will help with cycling your tank faster than the bootle of bacteria its safer that way

Da_justin

Dec 1, 2023
I have ran it for 2 weeks + Bacteria that should have been enough as far as i know and now total already running more then a month with fish.
unfortunatly some sad news another one of the L018 has died i dont know what is wrong i have tested the water at the fishstore every 2 weeks they say its perfect and they blame just bad import...

Some pictures of the fallen pleco below i dont see anything wrong with him as the fishstore also said could be due bad import or dying organs with the transport from where it came from since my water was perfect im kinda lost here boys.

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 09.52.23 (2).jpeg

this is what i feed all the plecos and worked well for more then years. ( snowballs / Blue phantoms / regular plecos ).

Attachments

johnbetta397

Feb 26, 2023
cool sorry about your fish may be intirnal parasites or a pefrated bowel organ falure may be try a diffrent aquarium shop the one your going to could be selling sick fish if your water quality is good then its on there end

Da_justin

Dec 1, 2023
i bought the plecos from a very big store was like a 2 hour drive from me they breed fish on like 1 acre existing for 20 years so i hoped it was good fishies.

tested the water at my local aquarium store.

i have regualar plecos and l181 and l128
they all seem to do very nice and will be transfert to their bigger aquarium soon.
im letting those run for atleast 4 weeks and dumping the sponges in them when i transfer them also with the wood and plants...

thanks for your response

johnbetta397

Feb 26, 2023
i bought the plecos from a very big store was like a 2 hour drive from me they breed fish on like 1 acre existing for 20 years so i hoped it was good fishies.

tested the water at my local aquarium store.

i have regualar plecos and l181 and l128
they all seem to do very nice and will be transfert to their bigger aquarium soon.
im letting those run for atleast 4 weeks and dumping the sponges in them when i transfer them also with the wood and plants...

thanks for your response
cool some shops are good some arent the ones that breed and sell there fish should be good it all depends on there fish keeping methods some breed there fish useing uv sterilizers in there tanks so fish dont get sick but once taken out of that tank and put into a tank without a uv sterilizer the fish offten get sick and become weaker as their emunsystem becomes weaker that may be the cause of your fish dieing cant say for sure though may be look into that hope this helps u

Caveman 70

Oct 16, 2018
Brisbane,Australia
Just curious, what is your
Ph
Gh
Kh
Tds
Nitrite
Nitrate
Maintenance routine
Nuggets can be notouriously difficult to raise, some concensus is when they are imported the antibacterials placed in the water can destroy the gut bacteria and they slowly die as they cant digest their food properly
Improper diet can also be a contributing factors
mine also seem more comfortable with plenty of hiding spaces and subdued lighting
stress may be a contributing factor if they came from dimly lit water with masses of hiding spots to a bare bottom tank with just a few places to get out of sight