new plants

L273

Oct 5, 2010
worcester, UK
the L134 'might' be fine in theory but the L081 being a baryancistrus sp. might try and have a go at the plant and others in general. then again bary's aren't the best things for planted tanks unless their fed veg 24/7 which you probably do anyway. hopefully.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
changed my mine about those plants,so i added this bit of wood with 2 bits of java fern
tied to it.

its been in my water butt for ages,gave it a good wash before i added it.The shrimp are loving it and perry(L134) seams to be living off it since i added it to the tank.
also have a bit of bog wood that has some Windelov java fern (Microsorum pteropus 'Windelov') tied to it on the way,should look cool cos the bogwood has a sucker on the end
so it can be stuck to the glass,half way up the tank.

Last edited:

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
I think it looks really good as well, it is a good mix of plants. I also don't think the in-built internal filter matters, it is does a job, it's black and it really doesn't show up that much.

cheers Darrel

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
Hi all,
I think it looks really good as well, it is a good mix of plants. I also don't think the in-built internal filter matters, it is does a job, it's black and it really doesn't show up that much.

cheers Darrel
cheers darrel,
i did think about removing the filter and having an external one,but there is no room to put one.