my plec

oscar1658

Oct 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Just wanted to show off my plec named elliot, ive told his story of how he survived a fish massacre but if you havent read it he was from a tank that was severely neglected, at the time i knew nothing about fish so couldnt ask why but the previous owners kept adding more fish...whichever they liked the look of they bought but elliot and ariel (my other plec) was only bought because they clean the tank for you apparently..PFFFFFT try saying that to my filter, sheesh! If i got a pound for every tonne those two plecs produce :yes: nonetheless ive took them on and i love both fish, they look shark like to me, their interesting patterns and they are challenging.. ive recently upgraded to a 420 liter tank and they are doing great :) i got this great snap of him anyway...

Attachments

Last edited:

oscar1658

Oct 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Thankyou! They love it deffinatly :D nearly squished a few people in the process of getting the tank in but hey its done :lol: i had to stand on two large boxes to put some cucumber down yesterday! Ive noticed theres snails in the tank but read they are harmless until they start eating too much food so you put the popluation down? Have you delt with this before?

oscar1658

Oct 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Also another silly question but were does it begin to sink in if they start having weight loss? Are my twovat a fair weight? Ive googled it but nothing much on it :)

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
you can feed them raw veggies , especially a favorite is zucchini. They may not recognize it as food right away, so sick a wafer or whatever they are used to eating in the veggie and sink it with a food clip or something safe, and change the zucchini every day to a new piece. Eventually they will realize it is food . Then you can try other veggies, such as green or red bell peppers, using same method. They will love the raw veggies ! good luck :):):) There is a veggie list you can check out the site. Zucchini is a good starter veggie --all raw. They are lucky you saved them since you care so much for them :thumbup: