Just joined!!!

Jun 20, 2011
UK
Hi everyone!! i just joined due to the fact i have a baby sailfin pleco (2.5 inches) and i need help feeding it. ATM i have been feeding it sinking pellets and it and my synodontis catfish loves them eat all of them. I tried cucumber but it didnt touch it?? are there any fact or tips i need to raise a haelthy sailfin plec?

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hello and :welcome: ,
I would also feed zuchinni or gourgette. Also feed good veggie pellets but try feeding after lights out, as these are partly night active. cheers jk :thumbup:

Jun 20, 2011
UK
Thanks for the welcoming!!! :thumbup: will the synodontis eat it asweel and how long should i keep it in there for as i dont want to water cloudy thanks in advance:)

Jun 20, 2011
UK
thank you i was a bit worried lol oh and another question (sorry) my 'sailfin pleco' has spots (as a pattern not a disease im sure) but stripes on it fins is this a hybrid (if possible) or ordinary colours?

Jun 20, 2011
UK
tank you very helpful will do it ASAP :) if if dont mind, please can you tell me if the colour of my sailfin pleco gets bright or stands out more when it gets older? what age do you think mine is (2.5 inches) im guessing 6 months-year? oh a bit off topic but will my synodontis eat baby cordoras? if not will 3 be okay? tanks

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
I am sure you are aware that the synodontis are from Africa and Plecos from South America. Synodontis are hunters and will or might eat small corys. I like to keep corys in groups of 5 or more . My suggestion for corries is to make sure to get ones that can tolerate warmer temps like Sterbei, as Ls like warmer water than usual. cheers jk :thumbup:

Jun 20, 2011
UK
Thank you. i was aware and so thats a no for group of 3's? so no panda's?
:-/ and will it be okay to keep 1-2 ghost shrimp in the tank? and what fish WONT get eaten or hunted by the synodontis? tanks

Last edited: