How many wafers per adult BN or peppermints?

maxiho

Apr 11, 2010
Australia
How many wafers are you suppose to feed a BN a day? I feed my BN Hikari Algae Wafers and was just wondering on average how many wafers you put per adult BN (size about 4in+ or 12cm). Is it about half per adult? So if I have 4 adults then I feed them 2 wafers? And if I feed them twice a day I divide this amount by 2? Thank You

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
The hikari wafers are pretty large so i would go with half each per day and a quarter if feed twice daily. Do you feed them veggies too?

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
I just use wafers as an occasional treat, mabe once a week. for a fish that size I give a whole wafer between veggies 24 hours.

maxiho

Apr 11, 2010
Australia
Normally I just feed them wafers and sometimes (once or twice a month) some zuchinni. I notice that some people feed then with flakes, worms, granules, log etc etc but I just dont have the time and money to "spoil" them. Though they seems to be doing OK so I just stick with this formula. Thanks.

Breamlegend

Apr 22, 2009
Central Coast NSW Australia
Mine will eat as zucchini every day, even twice a day if I give it to them. I occasionally switch to pumpkin. I've never had trouble with bloat and have been doing this for 3 years. (still got my original common pair ) I give them hikari wafers/ shrimp pellets occasionally. I start my new born fry on zucchini and the growth rate is amazing. I don't think you can feed to much vege.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Mine will eat as zucchini every day, even twice a day if I give it to them. I occasionally switch to pumpkin. I've never had trouble with bloat and have been doing this for 3 years. (still got my original common pair ) I give them hikari wafers/ shrimp pellets occasionally. I start my new born fry on zucchini and the growth rate is amazing. I don't think you can feed to much vege.
I agree, mind you if money is tight, maybe get some spirulina tabs as they would last for quite a while.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
whatever I am eating for my supper the fish usually get a bit! so it might be peas or beans etc, if we do a cooked dinner, if salad then there will be some cucumebr or blanched lettuce or bit of red pepper etc

blondeyny

Mar 21, 2010
FL
I find cheap deals on veg at the local produce stands or local grown stands at flea markets. I find what is cheap, check if it's on the list, and try it out. So far yellow zucchini has been my albino BN's fave. He gets a veg one night, a wafer the next, and a homemade veg cube the night before a wc. Then Fri is always "Fish Fast Friday" where everyone has their day of fasting.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I find cheap deals on veg at the local produce stands or local grown stands at flea markets. I find what is cheap, check if it's on the list, and try it out. So far yellow zucchini has been my albino BN's fave. He gets a veg one night, a wafer the next, and a homemade veg cube the night before a wc. Then Fri is always "Fish Fast Friday" where everyone has their day of fasting.
:thumbup::clap:

titan

May 26, 2010
west midlands
my plecos get 3 square meals a day, breakfast is tetra prima, lunchtime they get treated to cucumber, and for supper they get jbl novo plec wafers. i also feed twice a week with frozen food such as bloodworm, krill, brineshrimp

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
my plecos get 3 square meals a day, breakfast is tetra prima, lunchtime they get treated to cucumber, and for supper they get jbl novo plec wafers. i also feed twice a week with frozen food such as bloodworm, krill, brineshrimp
do u have to do a lot off poo cleanin?
my BN witch is only just under 2" long don,t stop pooing..