Help with a group of L046

Hf21

Apr 22, 2023
Hi all, I have a new group of L046. They’re around three years old now. Im useless at sexing zebs can anyone help I have put the photos on this post, there are ten zebs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

Basically, it's better if you judge it yourself, because there are always optical illusions in photos. Instructions are there: To distinguish the sexes of small hypostominae loricariids

The catfishes all seem to have a slightly rounded waist. They might be a little overfed.

My opinion based on the photos:
1 male
2 probably female (head like female, but the pectoral fin rays seem relatively strong - possibly too young to determine)
3 could be male (head like female, but waist seems relatively narrow compared to the others - possibly too young to determine
4 female
5 male
6 male
7 probably female
8 male
9 male
10 probably female

Greetings
Elko

Hf21

Apr 22, 2023
Hi,

Basically, it's better if you judge it yourself, because there are always optical illusions in photos. Instructions are there: To distinguish the sexes of small hypostominae loricariids

The catfishes all seem to have a slightly rounded waist. They might be a little overfed.

My opinion based on the photos:
1 male
2 probably female (head like female, but the pectoral fin rays seem relatively strong - possibly too young to determine)
3 could be male (head like female, but waist seems relatively narrow compared to the others - possibly too young to determine
4 female
5 male
6 male
7 probably female
8 male
9 male
10 probably female

Greetings
Elko
Thank you so much for the reply I really appreciate your input :)

Reactions: johnbetta397