Fish House insurance

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Anyone have there fish house insured?. Just thinking about mine and more so when I have my new empire set up.

Does it come under standard house insurance?

Cheers

thegeeman

Last edited:

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Mr G

My Insurance company have covered me on damage to filters under the all risks section of the policy..
I did ask about the livestock and they were not interested so far no insurance company has been willing to cover the fish .If any one has found a company that will cover livestock then please let me know

lealea

Apr 25, 2009
Brisbane Australia
My dad has been in insurance forever and you can't insure the fish but you can be insured for the damage the tank does if it leaks or breaks. So heaters, filters and tanks are insured for water damage, fire and theft. lealea

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
My dad has been in insurance forever and you can't insure the fish but you can be insured for the damage the tank does if it leaks or breaks. So heaters, filters and tanks are insured for water damage, fire and theft. lealea
so do I need to list them on the insurance or does it just come under the standard insurance?

Cheers

thegeeman

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
I have tried to get fish insurance through my home insurance the best I could get was content of an out building this would be covered if the whole thing burnt to the ground or all the contents were stolen but not for death of the fish as individual items

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Mr G

What I did was send a list of the tanks filteres heaters ect to the insurance company with the value and staed in the letter that should they wish to ajust the premiums to cover the items listed for all risks would they please send me a new secdual .

I added that should they not wish to reply I would have to understand they were happy with the risk at my current premiums..

They did reply and said it was all covered.

The trick with the insurance for 250K is we all freeze any dead fish we have and you claim and its a trip to Tri Mar on the swag?

Regards Bad Boy Bob The PF hater