First L201 fry woohooo!

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Yay! All except one silly dw cory made their way up the escape tube from the undergravel filter and now I have heaps of cute little corydoras in the tank.

I finally managed to catch the four stray L201 fry and popped them in the fry saver but just as I finished, I spotted another one in the tank which hid too well to be caught.
So thats a spawn of total 8 that I know of. Better than the 3 I thought it was. :)

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Microscopic little beggars, they don't grow very fast do they?
They are in a 4ft grow out tank full of driftwood. I spotted one on a bit of wood yesterday but when he saw me he nearly broke his fins off disappearing. They are fast too.
Size is still only about 2cm.

The male hasnt bred since I dropped another male in his 4ft. Surely two males could get along in that great big tank with multiple caves?
Nope, every so often the breeder male shoots up the other end and deposes the other male from his cave.

Last edited:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Well 2 males in a 4ft wouldn't breed. I split the colony into 2 3fts with a male each and they bred again.
Having troubles with females being none too gentle with wrigglers when they are in the log laying again. I didnt want to be tipping them out with egg sacks still attached but I might have to in future.

For those interested I checked the water while the girl was in the log this time. The tank hadnt had wc for a week. PH 7.4 (don't ask me why, maybe its more slate than driftwood keeping ph up), GH 7, kH 3, TDS 199. Did the usual wc with a tad less buffer in my rainwater, didnt seem to phase them one bit. There are 10 fry of assorted sizes in the frysaver.