crab sticks/ fish sticks??

charles101

May 3, 2009
worcestershire
Just wondering can, or rather would it be good/wise to feed the frozen crab or fish sticks you can buy? just wondering really as as far as i know they're mixed fish in one stick and thought if it holds up well in the water might be beneficial ever now and then (depending on sp. of course, but for the sake of the thread lets just say hypans) anyone tried this? you know the ones i mean they are sort of red on one side and the rest white??

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I remember a discussion before about crab sticks etc. I think the general consensus was not to feed them as they for one have very high salt content

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Tripe! the aus ones are anyway.

Crab sticks (also called imitation crab meat or labeled as krab) are a type of processed seafood made of surimi, or finely pulverized white fish flesh, that has been shaped and cured to resemble snow crab legs.

Sugiyo Co., Ltd. (スギヨ Sugiyo?) of Japan first produced crab sticks in 1973, under the name Kanikama. This is still their common name in Japan, but internationally they are marketed under a variety of names, including Krab Sticks, Ocean Sticks, Sea Legs and Imitation Crab Sticks. Legal restrictions in most jurisdictions now prevent them from being marketed as "Crab Sticks", as they do not actually contain any crab meat[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_stick

Last edited: