Corydoras napoensis spawning

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
My Napoensis have spawned today:clap: after a little break. Such tiny eggs, they laid most of them on the underside of broad leaved plants. They are great to watch as the male "dances" in front of the female and the "T" happens mid water, the female drops 30-40 eggs at a time which is huge compared to other most other corys. The male and female both appear to clean suitable sites before the eggs are deposited. I've put the very sticky eggs in a tub and in a few days I hope to have lots of tiny wrigglers.

Cheers
Gemma.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Whooop Whoop :woohoo:

I love watching cories spawn I have never seen them cleaning an area to spawn though. Is this a common thing with cories?

Cheers

thegeeman

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Whooop Whoop :woohoo:

I love watching cories spawn I have never seen them cleaning an area to spawn though. Is this a common thing with cories?

Cheers

thegeeman
The parents of the ones you had off me cleaned a site, actually i think it was the female doing the cleaning and the male just keeping an eye on her to make sure she does a proper job....just how it should be!:woohoo:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
The parents of the ones you had off me cleaned a site, actually i think it was the female doing the cleaning and the male just keeping an eye on her to make sure she does a proper job....just how it should be!:woohoo:
lol you are as bad as G.

Thats good news Gemma, fingers crossed and hope for some pics:clap:

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Not a great hatch with this batch, some of the "T"s were very brief so I don't think they were properly fertilised. Approx 50 hatched, so not too bad.

Cheers
Gemma.