can somebody explain ro water etc to me please (confused)

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
Were or who is the best person to ask about a group of l134, l183, l201 or l333 please
stick up a want to buy (WTB) ad in the classifieds here, someone may be able to point you in the right direction even if there is no one here with any for sale

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Ok starting to understand it abit better know i think, so im going to pick up 2 3foot tanks today. Should i add half tap water half ro water? I will cycle this until all perimeters are ok. What would be the best but cheepest wavemaker to buy for water current?
Good quality power head will be better
Ehein Aquaball or a small powerhead . attach a spray bar to it.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
why would i want a spray bar if they like good water movement? our would i put this under the water?
You'd still get good water movement (the pump output would still be relatively the same) but if placed above the surface of the water you'd get better oxygenation as well. Also, you'd get a more even distribution of the flow. Just some thoughts.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Its shown in the Eheim listing. They make an aquaball without the filter canister, its shown as the all grey unit in the photos. You could run either (with or without filter) as I think they're the same. The flow rate on the largest isn't that high so you could run that one on yor tank though it does depend on what other filters & stuff you're using. I'd avoid the others, neither are names i've seen before but I must admit I'm not familiar with all the equipment sold int he UK. The biggest concern about using off-brnad stuff from e-bay is about getting parts in the future should you need them. A quality unit like the Eheims will usually last long enough that you'll need replacement parts for something in the future, the others usually don't last long enough to need replacement parts but you spend more buying a second unit and usually they fail at the most inopportune times.

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
I find it so confusing too & my fish all stopped breeding the day I started using the RO unit.
I've order a tds meter/tester so hopefully that helps once I know the parameters of my tap water