C. hasbrosus spawn

N2Biomes

Apr 21, 2009
CT USA
I was surprised to find eggs on the walls of the tank during a WC yesterday. I've had these corys for not more than 2 months, and I did nothing to trigger them, must have been regular water changes and several days of low pressure/rain. :clap:

The adults are quite small, and their fry (about 10 were eyed up and hatched just after I moved them into a smaller container) are very petite. Hopefully I will be able to grow them up to adults!

(My C. shultzei are also spawning, but they are in a community tank and the eggs are making fine snacks for someone.... :( )

I'm pretty hopeless with a camera, but I'll try to get photos.

N2Biomes

Apr 21, 2009
CT USA
Thank you! I have about 8 adults, but it's hard to believe that they could have so many eggs. I took more out of the tank again today, perhaps 30 or so. :clap:

N2Biomes

Apr 21, 2009
CT USA
My hasbrosus are still spawning and I got a bit of a surprise this morning! I found this little gem in the home tank. :)

N2Biomes

Apr 21, 2009
CT USA
Congrats on the spawn! These are amazing cory fry being stripey, so different to the adults, I had quite a few young a while back but my dad in his "wisdom" put all the fry from their tub back with the parents and the all disappeared, I wasn't impressed.:wb:

Check out the link to pc as I think yours are Corydoras Pygmaeus

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=283

Cheers
Gemma.
Gemma, you may be correct. I ordered C. hasbrosus, but it does look like I received C. pygmaeus.