Brengun tanks (warning 28 pics)

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I was supposed to be doing tank water changes today, but looka that, a camera just fell into my hands. lol.

Tank 1. Juvies for sale in a 4ft

Tank 2. L201 colony 4ft (not breeding yet)

Tank 3. L270 colony 4ft ( not quite old enough to breed yet)

Tank 4. One spoiled rotten bichir in a 4ft. She's camera shy.

Tank 5. Hopefully I have finally gotten together a pair of zebs and not 2 males in a 2ft.

Tank 6. My favourite zeb and a couple of younger mates in a 2ft.

Tank 7. L397 breeding colony in a 4ft.

Tank 8. Couple of very young zebs and an older male zeb in a 2ft

Tank 9. Young male zeb and a couple of younger mates in a 2ft.

Tank 10. Trio of pep bns in a 4ft.(new additions)

Tank 11. Pair of pep bns in a 4ft.(new additions)

Tank 12. Marine fish in a 6ft.

Tank 13. L204 colony in a 6ft.(not breeding yet)

Tank 14. L066 colony in a 4ft (not breeding yet)

Tank 15. Corals in a 3ft redseamax

Tank 16. Juvie L264 sultan trio in a 3ft. One of my favourite tanks because it doesnt get very dirty.

Tank 17. L333 and whiptail breeding colony in a 3ft.

Tank 18. Zeb colony (nothing yet probably 5 males lol) in a 2.5ft

Tank 19. Single mixed males in a 4ft

Tank 20. L135 reverse trio and 205 trio (nothing yet) in a 4.5ft

Tank 21. L260 colony (nothing yet) in a 3ft

Tank 22. Juvi L128 blue phantoms in a 4ft

Tank 23. Juvi L007 vampires in a 4ft

Tank 24. L066 colony (nothing yet) & whiptails in a 4ft

Tank 25. L278 breeding pair & juvies in a 4ft

Tank 26. L066 breeding colony in a 4ft

Tank 27. 3cm juvie growout tank 4ft

Tank 28. L134 colony (jut reunited) in a 4ft

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
wow love ya.....pity my missus doesnt alow me to have so many.......great pics and good luck...cheers jk :thumbup:

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
you are blinking mad woman,,,,,... I BLOO*Y LOVE IT. so wish i was living in your tank room. Do you work full time??? how do you keep on top of it all??? LOVE IT, LOVE IT. LOVE IT!!

D-MAC

Jul 24, 2009
Lossiemouth
www.danditropicals.co.uk
Wow!!!That is an amazing collection for a hobbyist :clap::clap: I for one can appreciate the dedication that's required to keep so many tanks in tip top condition, and you still find time to help others on the forum...I take my hat off to you :thumbup:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I try to do water changes on every tank once a week. I have them on a spreadsheet and I also write in when I last cleaned the canisters or I will forget. I try to do a few every day. Sometimes I get behind but throw myself into a good days worth of it every so often.

The dirty zeb tank number 18 got a wc tonight but fed up and got out when I noticed in tank 24 a L066 has his very first log of eggies and a pair of red whiptails were playing up in a log above him too. :)

I don't w..w..., nup cant say it, retired. :D

Doodle

May 4, 2009
Bracknell
As much as love plecs that pic of the Clown trigger is the snazzle!:thumbup:

My new empty tank is sitting is sitting in the kitchen awaiting me to pull me finger out and set it up. Its waiting on a clown trigger and an moray(although cannot decide which one).

Well done anyway. :clap:

ajm

Aug 24, 2013
South Australia
Um Wow!!!

Wow that is an amazing amount of tanks. Thanks for making me feel better. I'm on to my 5th tank :whistle: and my kids won't stop teasing me about it!

Where on earth do you keep them all in your house? I am very impressed at your clean tanks. I absolutely love my tanks, but particularly my discus tank is a hell of a lot of work. The other tanks I only need to do water changes once a week but the discus I need to do 100L every 3-4 days. But, when people come into my house and see the tank the looks on their faces makes it all worth while :woohoo:

I have found you are never quite satisfied with your own tanks, I have heavily planted tanks and am constantly cutting back and fixing things to make it look just so. Then, in a few weeks it has all changed again. All part of the fun.

I'm just in the process of setting up my first dedicated breeding tank to one species... the L046 Zebra and I am very excited about it. Nice change to do a different kind of set up dedicated to the one species. Although to start with I will be getting in some black neons until they grow old enough to breed and perhaps a farowella cat for algae. I have plenty of cherry shrimp so they will be going in too, I don't mind if the zebs keep the population down. All good there...

Anyway, I know this is an old post but I found it so impressive thought I would add my two cents :thumbup:

Cheers

Amanda