Better late than never!

Bloo

May 17, 2010
London
Hi All!

A bit the other way around (first I post my tank & fish for sale and then say hi), but hi! It seems like a great forum and one I'll definitely frequent once I set up my new tank (hopefully within the next 3 months).

After 12 years in the UK I'm moving back to South Africa (yeah for nice weather :D) but that means that my gorgeous tank and lovely fish can't come with me. :cry:

Anyway - I'm sure you'll see some more of me soon.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Hey Bloo, welcome to Plecoplanet:welcome:

After 12 years in the UK I'm moving back to South Africa (yeah for nice weather :D)
Thats cool, how long till you move?

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
lol, good luck with the move and dont forget to change ya flag when you do:whistle:

Bloo

May 17, 2010
London
Thanks will do :thumbup:

Just hoping that things have changed for the better (in the fish department at least if nowhere else in the country!) because back then the only catfish I could lay my hands on were common whips and bronze corys :re:

Else I may have to go marine :whistle:

(just kidding!)

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Else I may have to go marine :whistle:
ohhh no lol.

Not sure how the catfish world is over there, we didnt have that many members on PF from SA, maybe that says it all.

Are they not allowed to be imported or just hard to get?

Bloo

May 17, 2010
London
Muchas Gracias All!
Having had a browse around over the past 24 hours, it seems like a really excellent forum (so well structured & with fabulous articles) with some incredibly knowledgeable & experienced people floating around. Glad to have stumbled across it! :clap:

Last edited:

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
Hey there Bloo welcome :) look forward to the next few months when you set up your new tank/tanks maybe you might find some great fish we dont tend to get over here, look forward to seeing some photos when you do set it up, and i cant blame you for going back to s.africa at all infact i envy you lol

Bloo

May 17, 2010
London
Thanks Rob! I've always had fish since forever so there's no doubt I won't be able to go long without them. My tank would have cost me £600 to crate & ship so not entirely worth it with the age etc. in mind.
But setting a new tank up from scratch (perhaps a custom build) is definitely something to look forward to! ooo, the possibilities (and new fish hunting / shopping) are exciting.

Oh, I also have nice soft water to look forward to. No more evil London water.

Will definitely report back.

Last edited: