Anubias Nana

Jun 20, 2011
UK
Hi,
today i saw a a anubias nana ,in my lfs, in a small tank with a kuhli loach swimming in and out of it. I plan on getting them both.
I am a total newbie to plants as i have never done it before.

Thanks, BPK

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Only advice I can give is to not cover the roots as they will rot. Needs to be tied to something and will eventually attach itself but very slow growing. Great for small tanks, was a rumour that they were poisonous to shrimp but not sure. Had them before they are ok.

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have before but the shrimp had a thing about chewing the roots off which I don't think is good for them but lots of other people have and do keep them with their shrimp without any problems. A bit like the rumours over assassin snails being harmful to shrimp couldn't say for sure.

Anubias are quite hardy plants and fish won't go near them apart from my shrimp chewing off the roots.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
anubias are virtually unkillable and you can tie the plant to anything you wish. Can tolerate higher temps 28c and only some current. Do not put the roots in soil or gravel. I have them in all of my tanks. Like Javas as well. cheers jk :thumbup:

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
hi,i have these also in both my tanks,slow growing but they do look good.
can get a little algae on them but my shrimp and snails sort that out.