advice needed lost electric to cycling tank

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
:wb:
plugged in my iron in the kitchen and boom the socket blew,and the electric to part of the downstairs tripped out, it also knocked of power to the cycling tank for about 5-10 minutes :wb: power is back on now, everything seems to working again, will this affect the cycling tank?

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
No don't worry, the power needs to be off for a good few hours before you need to panic.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
We get a power cut about once every couple of months, usually only last for 2-3 hours but every time I totally stress out:wb:

We had out meter changed recently and the guy got a real grilling about how long the electric would be off lol.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
We get a power cut about once every couple of months, usually only last for 2-3 hours but every time I totally stress out:wb:

We had out meter changed recently and the guy got a real grilling about how long the electric would be off lol.

I can understand that, i would have freaked out even if i didnt have a tank cycling :lol:

You live in Kent lovely <3 when i was a youngster i used to go to relatives who lived in Ashford and holiday there for a couple of weeks :D

The only time i have realised i had a power cut before was when i awoke and the alarm clock would be flashing, havent had one in ages though, but i am on an electric and gas meter so i dont know if that makes a differance.

I will have to phone for an electrician from the council now as i dont want to risk using the plug socket, i will be nagging the electrician to hurry up i know i will :lol:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I can understand that, i would have freaked out even if i didnt have a tank cycling :lol:

You live in Kent lovely <3 when i was a youngster i used to go to relatives who lived in Ashford and holiday there for a couple of weeks :D

The only time i have realised i had a power cut before was when i awoke and the alarm clock would be flashing, havent had one in ages though, but i am on an electric and gas meter so i dont know if that makes a differance.

I will have to phone for an electrician from the council now as i dont want to risk using the plug socket, i will be nagging the electrician to hurry up i know i will :lol:
Kent is lovely but I'm really bored of it, have been threatening to move to different county for the last couple of years lol. Canterbury is really nice, probably my fave place in whole of kent and it around 18 miles away from us.

It may of been the irons fault:dk:

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Kent is lovely but I'm really bored of it, have been threatening to move to different county for the last couple of years lol. Canterbury is really nice, probably my fave place in whole of kent and it around 18 miles away from us.

It may of been the irons fault:dk:
I must admit i would like to move to Buckingham i feel it would be safer than where i live, but everything is more expensive even though its only 20 minutes drive away :(

It may well be, i finally plucked up the courage to have a look at the outside of the socket and its not black, i will let Chris have a look when he gets home, :woohoo: no ironing for me :woohoo: well not till chris comes in and gets the spare iron down for me ( cant reach it )

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
:wb:
plugged in my iron in the kitchen and boom
Good to see you are multi tasking and taking your job seriuosly Bubbles. I am gonna see if my wife has thought about doing the ironing in the kitchen aswell. That way atleast my tea will be on time:)

Cheers

the dead meat if the misses reads this

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
:yes:
Tell him you need to buy a really expensive, funky one as you had such a fright.

oh also tell him not to read this thread lmao

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
Bless ya, no worries regards Cycle, bummer about Iron.
When the fluval gets established after a while you'll probably get a build up inside the pipes, this sometimes gets chucked out after a powercut when the water surge starts up again flushing the pipes, just a note for the future ;)

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
:yes:
Tell him you need to buy a really expensive, funky one as you had such a fright.

oh also tell him not to read this thread lmao

At the moment i am using a cheap one from a well known shop and its brilliant, if i ask him for an expensive, funky one he might try and give it to me as a birthday gift :lol:

JK :lol: