1 filter 2 tanks

Jason20679

Mar 26, 2011
Crewe
Hi

Would it be possible to use 1 external filter like a Ehiem pro 2 to run 2 or more small 30l tanks?
Both with inlet and outlet hoses.

Thanks

Mol_PMB

Mar 26, 2014
Manchester
We're you thinking of connecting them in series or parallel? Either could be done I suppose. Series might work better - outlet hose into one tank, siphon hose between the two tanks, inlet hose on the other tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GEV83

Oct 2, 2010
LA, County
The only way I could see that working is if you had a double stand then you could have the filter outtake on the top tank then have it an over flow going to the lower tank where the intake hose is at. I don't believe there is a way to get 2 input and out puts on one filter since it could end in disaster if it's taking to much water from one tank and shooting it into the other you would get an overflowing tank.

Mol_PMB

Mar 26, 2014
Manchester
I agree that running in parallel would be difficult because it Could easily overflow one tank. you would need some sort of level valve like a toilet cistern.
To run in series I would have the two tanks at the same level and effectively a water-bridge between them (google 'water bridge aquarium).
Alternatively you could have one above the other but you would need a weir in the top one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk