help my L134's have ich

Catfish_Crazy

May 29, 2010
Sydney, Aus
Sorry for your lost champ,

my opinion "Protozin" is to strong for these fish to tell you the truth, "Icaway" is probably your best treatment, but you should have rasied your temp to about 33-34 for 3 days and slowly lowering it after the 3 days, add a little salt wouldnt hurt, and important more oxygen so more air stones.

I remember i had whitespots on my old L204's about 2yrs ago and rasied the temp to 34 for 3 days and 32 after the 3 days then to 30 then 28 and when away - no chemicals - just a little salt and more oxygen.

Hope the rest are okay .

Plecomate

Jul 28, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Do you have a spare tank? If it was me I would take it out of the water and put it in another tank with a new dose of chemicals and see how you go. use water from a separate tank if you can

Ryno

Aug 27, 2011
Sydney Australia
It totally sucks man. Gotta start my colony from scatch again I spent like 2 years collecting them. 9 fish 8 different bloodlines and awesome patterns, wish I took pics to post and to remember. So devastated

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hi Ryno,
been following this thread , big time bummer , so sorry to hear you lost so many. Hope you can get a handle on this. hang in there , we are thinking of you and what you are going through...you're not alone, although I bet it feels like it . best of luck.
Georgie

Ryno

Aug 27, 2011
Sydney Australia
I think it finally over. I have one left and he is looking happy as and is eating great.
Going to have to start my colony again but at least they all didn't go.
Thanks for all your support and help, I really appreciate it
Thanks