tank setup idea's???

scottie73

Apr 21, 2009
hampshire england
ok i have 5 cory tanks and want to ensure the best tank for each...so nwhat is the ideal setup for a cory only tank??
i have sand substrate,lots of filtration using air driven filtration and extra air stones in each aswell
i have some bogwood with moss attached and a few small fake plants...

should i get more plants? all ideas or pics appreciated..

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Your tanks sound ideal for corys but I would also add some broad leaved plants for the corys to spawn on and for extra cover.
Depending on the species the corys ideal spawning site could be the glass, leaves, spawning mops or a bit of everything.
Temp is also an issue as some like it warm, some cool.

What corys will be in these tanks?

Cheers
Gemma.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
sounds good. may need heater in tank, heater cover always a good idea (else they lay eggs on heater!). plants look good and corys dont usually attack them.
let us know what you choose.

scottie73

Apr 21, 2009
hampshire england
i have stebai in 1,panda's in 1paleatus in 1 and melanotaneia(sp) in the other..i have no heat in paleatus tank,but heaters in others,sterbai are at about 26c others around 22-24c..so some broad leaf plants needed!!

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi Scottie,
Amazon Sword is a favoured plant for egg laying, (although sometimes they still use the filter body or glass), easy to get hold of, and easy to grow.

I had one species (either trilineatus or hastatus?) that really liked, and always spawned in, Cryptocoryne wendtii (easy to get hold of, easy to grow, but not as big as Amazon Sword or as fast growing, also will grow better at low light).

cheers Darrel

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Some species of anubius would be my opinion there are alot of varients id chose a broad leaf varient for the shelter.
My cory's (sterbai) like to clean them.