Possible Ich?

plecmom

Jun 2, 2009
AB, Canada
lol doodles, its ok! I decided not to retreat for a third time, I thought since no one answered its better to not just incase it stressed them too much. I have left the heat up in the tank for 3 extra days and am slowly lowering it day by day. No spots again/yet and all seem to be doing well. Thanks for asking. :)

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Thats cool:thumbup:

Hopefully that'll be it now.

interesting info---plecs can build up some immunity to ich if they successfully fight them off themselves--but i would think its most likely in the wild where they have a good chance of not being infested due to no tank confinements, so they never would have the amounts that tank plecs have which gives them a good chance to fight them off.

Makes sense with a lot of ailments, people must wonder omg, how does a plec sort out ich in the wild if they get it.

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Thats cool:thumbup:

Hopefully that'll be it now.

interesting info---plecs can build up some immunity to ich if they successfully fight them off themselves--but i would think its most likely in the wild where they have a good chance of not being infested due to no tank confinements, so they never would have the amounts that tank plecs have which gives them a good chance to fight them off.

Makes sense with a lot of ailments, people must wonder omg, how does a plec sort out ich in the wild if they get it.
It's rainfall,natures way of doing a water change.Rain raises water level which in turn creates faster current,which means more oxygen.