On ebay, what are they?

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
I spotted these on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130310552940 they are claiming these BN's are hybrids from Germany that are supposed to look like gold nuggets. Can anyone ID these as a valid species or are these just common BN's someone is trying to cash out, the last ones that I was watching sold for £28.05 for 5, which is a pretty penny for a few common bn's.

What does anyone think?

Cheers
Gemma.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Might be worth sending a message and asking which two ancistrus were bred. It still kinda looks like a common but the pattern seems different, so maybe.

Also there is a breeder in Germany who would most certainly be up for doing this kind of thing, if they are from him, then i would say they probably are for real.

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Looks just like our first common BN - Here is a pic.... ( a poor one but still you can see the similarities)

Looks to me like some one has been fed a line - or they are just out to make a few bucks by misleading people themselves!

and as it matured

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
some BNs seem to have much brighter spots than others anyway. mine were always dull brown with slight markings once they grew up.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
A photo of the adults would have been better as according to the feedback for the last ones sold they are very small and pattern can change. I might send a message to the seller if any more come up asking for pic of the adults etc as the seller isn't too far away from me.

Thanks for the input everyone:clap:

I

intrepidmax

Hi Gem
I was originally the highest bidder on these in two of his auctions and let myself be outbid in one and asked him to pull me out the other.

from what he told me....they were bred in germany. It was a golden nugget and a bristlenose cross.

I have seen the adults and I will try find the pics. To me they are commons.

I will try post the pics for you....but I would stay clear. and did stay clear. lol.