New fish house

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
At last my fish room is starting to look the part, just a few more things to do.

A few pics from the start to now

Cheers
Gemma

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
14 at present, only room for one more 18"

1 x 48"
4 x 30"
4 x 24"
3 x 18 "
2 x other small tanks (unsure of dimensions)

Cheers
Gemma

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Nice set up Gemma:clap::clap:

Love the ring main system aswell. Can you tell me what pump your using and its output?

Cant wait to move now:):)

Cheers

thegeeman

Mark

Jul 30, 2009
Boston Spa, U.K.
Fish House

Great effort Gemma, I didn't know you were planning this! Looks very nice indeed!

Space for more fish or is this to accommodate your curent stock?

Castleford auction tomorrow night sounds a good place to get some more nice catfish!

Cheers,
Mark.

I

intrepidmax

yeah thats a great fish house. I think I will have an air ring in mine.

I reckon you could squeeze at least another 10 tanks in there pmsl....always room for a few more.

It might be an idea to insulate the window as even this small area will lose alot of heat, but make sure the opening part still opens you never know when you might want to let heat out if the room is ever over heating.

well done and looks fantastic.

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Very well done, my missus would shoot me.
The air ring is unreal very easy maintenance, did you build the original framework in any particular way?

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Geeman, I'm using a Pond one 02 Plus 4000 35Ltr/min although I will upgrade when I have some cash.

Mark, it is just to accommodate present stock as my bn's are breeding non stop, unfortunately means less space for cory projects until I move some on, the CAS aution would have been ideal but I'm working and cannot get it off.

Intrepidmax (Mark) I see your point about the window and my dad put in a second window to help but it may need looking at again when it gets colder, it's pretty hot in there at the moment, for me anyway but I can open up the window if we get a heat wave.

Rabbit, the air ring is 1.25" pressure pipe from Wicks and all the joints are pressure joints so I didn't use solvents to bond them and more pipes can be easily added to the ring when needed. My dad built the frames for the tanks after watching a fella from a local store building one for a few mins, I couldn't have done it, lol.

Cheers
Gemma