I.D please

ksane

May 7, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
Can anyone ID this little guy? He's one of the common ones but there were soooo many similar looking ones on PlanetCatfish that I couldn't tell which one he was. I've had 5 of them for several years. I LOVE Corys! They always hold perfectly still-they think they're hiding and if they're still you can't see them lol
[

Paul_fox

May 7, 2009
UK
They are not C Agassizzi, or 'me' being? Melanistius? am tempted to think its more than likely C Delphax having looled in Ians book, just as Princess said

Last edited:

ksane

May 7, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I'm off to look at pics, to. Thank you for the answers. I've never heard of Delphax. They were bought at PetsMart but they just order "Corys" and get whatever is sent.
Just looked and Delphax *is what they are! Thank you so much. I looked at Cory pics til my eyes were crossed but the Delphax pics look identical to them. I really appreciate you all helping me. It drives me nuts not to know exactly what I've got.

Last edited:

Paul_fox

May 7, 2009
UK
Looking in Ians book and planetcatfish, I would go with Delpax due to the colouration in the first dorsal ray, so I dont think they are melanistus and I think the colours and the pointed snout also rule it out as a brevirostris (Wotroi)

Coryman

May 19, 2009
There is another ID topic with this species in. It is most definitely C. delfax.

C. wotroi is a synonym of C. brevirostris.

Ian