got the house so then came the new tank

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
We decided that since were going to buy a new tank and were moving house that we aswell buy it now to save moving the old one (it's now up for sale).

So we didn't splurge as much as we wanted due to the flooring in the house, it's on a timber floor so we had to take that into consideration. We even considered the sump option but decided against that due to the added weight on the flooring aswell , Mark is still concerned about having the 6x2x2 on floorboards (sounds silly and the shop guy still reckons the 8x2x2 with large sump was the way to go).

What we ended up with was a 6x2x2 with an fx5.

Tank, cabinet and hood all brand new and one of marks' mates was selling his 2 month old fx5 (is downsizing his tanks etc). All up costs $1300. Not too bad.

So now even the list of inhabitants have changed.

There is the big fella, 2 L001 (the chocs we have placed in the 4x2x2), 3 small clown loaches and 3 good sized 7bar Frontosa (not happy about that with the ph differences so i'll have to give mark a good kick up the backside, i came home from work to find it like that).

We also have the cannister filter off the old tank (6x18x20) that we can use if the load is too much.

Must admit the tank looks kinda bare at the moment, only gravel and fish :(

will post pics up soon.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
looking forward to the pics once its all set up, probably not as much as the plecs are looking forward to getting their hiding spots back though lol

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
hope fish all survived OK. did you have any driftwood from old tank??
6x2x2 is still a super size ! bigger than any of mine!! so jealous!
have you put it in the living room so can watch it all evening?! lol.

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
hope fish all survived OK. did you have any driftwood from old tank??
6x2x2 is still a super size ! bigger than any of mine!! so jealous!
have you put it in the living room so can watch it all evening?! lol.
not all survived, 4 or 5 whips died :(

running very low on driftwood with all the plecs so i'm just going to have to go and buy more. the tank is still sitting there bare and yes it is in the living room :yes:

I will take some pics once it's all been setup properly (driftwood etc).