Fish house aeration

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Work is well underway on converting an old run down wash house into a fish house, it's just a couple of weeks off being finished.

I already have an aqua one 35 litres per minute pump running but I'm possibly looking to upgrade. I'm also looking at running an air ring around the room with holes drilled just above the tanks but I'm not sure where to start. What sort of equipment do I need, ie to connect the pump to the piping etc and where can I get it from?

I'm also weighing up going from individually heated tanks to a space heater so looking for some advice here also.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Cheers
Gemma.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
ive just bought a Koi Air 25 as recomended by another member, and i got to say its great. totally silent and currently supply 6 tanks with bubblewands, air to the eheim diffusers and also air stones in 3 breeding traps and most of the taps are only set to 50% open so theres plenty of air left. id imagine the Koi Air 60 will easily supply an entire fish house with no problems

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalogue/pond-air-pumps.asp#product1190

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Cheers Kev, I'll look into it. I like my Pond One O2 Air Pump 4000 so I'm considering the next one up but obtaining spares for the koi Air woud be much easier.

Cheers
Gemma.

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
I use a highblow 80 pump connected to the air ring in my fish house it powers over 40 sponge filters and air walls they come with a rubber connector tube that fits to overflow sized pipe you can buy at B&Q (not sure on measurement off hand) it is a good idea to use the little steal air taps so you can turn the supply up and down to each tank, I use a dremel to drill the holes for this then screwed them in tight you can add more if needed at a later date.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
I use a highblow 80 pump connected to the air ring in my fish house it powers over 40 sponge filters and air walls they come with a rubber connector tube that fits to overflow sized pipe you can buy at B&Q (not sure on measurement off hand) it is a good idea to use the little steal air taps so you can turn the supply up and down to each tank, I use a dremel to drill the holes for this then screwed them in tight you can add more if needed at a later date.
Thanks, just the info I was looking for:clap:

Cheers
Gemma.