Cory eggs

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Excuse the totally noobish question but are cory eggs( trilli) white and about the size of a pinhead?

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
If you look at the pelvic finsof the bottom fish you can see her clasping some eggs, not a great pic to see eggs but you should get an idea of size

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
cool thanks. I found some eggs today under a fork that was weighing down some courgette, unfortunately my rummy noses spotted them about 10 seconds after.

My rummy noses have also been eating my L144 fry:(

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Thanks Steve, i reckon they were cory eggs, they have been pretty 'active' lately.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
um they aren't aggressive but view anything that moves that is small as food and they can fit a pretty young L144 in their mouth:(

The eggs were kind of stuck on the bottom of a fork and mostly fell off when i picked it up to look at it, the eggs didnt even reach the bottom:wb:

Scroggybank

May 2, 2009
Inverclyde, Scotland
Nice pics FF
From experience, cardinal tetras are expert egg eaters.
Doesn't take em long to steal guarded cichlid eggs,
so don't suppose unguarded cory eggs would last long.
Guessing most tetras will be the same.

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
Apistogramma breeders tend to keep Pencil fish or Hatchets as "dithers", this is because of the problems with most Tetras picking of the fry.

I've got Black Neon and Pristellas (X-ray) tetras in with mine at present. The Black Neons are good dithers, and stay away from the cichlids well up in the water column, but the Pristellas (2 rescue fish) are great fry hunters.

cheers Darrel