Cory community tank

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
great vid, will be interested to see the answer on Jo's question, whenever i have kept sifferent SP of corys together i have had cross breeding so had to split up into species only tanks

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Lovely fish and video. Do you get much cross breeding with the mix of sp or do most stick to their own kind?
It has happened before but honestly not very often, check out this video of my similis and paleatus, not even similar looking species, lol! I didn't raise any fry from this but my dads got few mixed breed corys where mums an albino aeneus and dads a gold laser, they take after dad. I don't believe in killing cross breeds but I won't pass them on, although this does cause great debate with cory keepers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9MLb1hm73I

Cheers
Gemma.

Paul_fox

May 7, 2009
UK
Gem, what other fish were in the tank apart from the albinos and the gold lasers? did you mention it on Ians site? thats a new one on me!!

Had to smile today, went to the shop Ians working in atm and bought a female sterbai for £12 - only bought it cos its huge, a female and he said it should have been worth at least £18.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Gem, what other fish were in the tank apart from the albinos and the gold lasers? did you mention it on Ians site? thats a new one on me!!

Had to smile today, went to the shop Ians working in atm and bought a female sterbai for £12 - only bought it cos its huge, a female and he said it should have been worth at least £18.
These are in a 6ft tank with at least 20 other types of corys but a male laser is the only other type to be interested in the albinos and we did see them T at one point. I don't believe I mentioned it on CW as I knew that a few people wouldn't be impressed, lol.

This is a pic of one of them, they have a faint stripe down the back similar to schultzei but I don't have any of those in the tank.

Just to add, other corys in the tank are C89, napoensis, elegans, robustus, robinae, sodalis, rabauti, osteocrus, CW21, C141, Haraldschultzei, sterbai, C48, agassizii, trilineatus, leopardus and concolor so nothing else very similar to aeneus.

Good find with the huge female sterbai, mine haven't bred since I added some L265 to the tank.

Cheers
Gemma

Last edited: