Cherry Shrimp

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Some photographs of cherry shrimp and a few apple snails that i got from Irene :D

Put a little food in the tank and most of the gang are out !
There are still a few shrimp in the spawning mops i put in for them (the green bits in the picture), as i don't keep planted tanks.

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Thanks for the replys.

I have been alternating their feeding each day with Hikari Crab Cuisine (the food in the pictures) and Shirakura Ebi Dama, that i got from Jo's shop.
I feed my plecs a little broad bean each night, so i'll give the shrimp some every few nights.

I think the cherry shrimp have bred already, as i was watching them eat some food today, i noticed tiny little things darting about here and there in the tank.
How do you keep your shrimp stock down ?

With the apple snails i intend to remove any eggs i find, but the cherry shrimp are even more prolific than i imagined, going by what i saw today.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
yes I expect there were some pregnant mums in the bag.

I keep them down by netting them and giving to lfs and putting in tanks of predators.

Kangus

May 4, 2009
Gosford, NSW
Thanks for the replys.

I think the cherry shrimp have bred already, as i was watching them eat some food today, i noticed tiny little things darting about here and there in the tank.
How do you keep your shrimp stock down ?
what we cant sell, the discus are always very excited to get aquainted with :)